“Come for the drinks, enjoy the food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Come for the drinks, enjoy the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Howard's is best-known for its extensive beer list, but the food is pretty good as well. The fish I ordered was cooked just right and the portions were good. Good for families as well. As for the alcohol, I enjoyed my "Ocracoma."

Apalachin, New York
“Some mighty good seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was the first restaurant we visited during our Ocracoke trip. I had a 'Water Spout' cocktail which was delicious, and we ordered the crab and shrimp dip with pita bread, a shrimp basket with fries, and the crabcake dinner with black beans and rice and corn on the cob to split. The seafood was so fresh, the crab dip was creamy with little mini shrimp scattered throughout, and the shrimp and crabcakes were amazing.
Very interesting decor throughout the restaurant - it is mostly wood, with a rustic feel to it, and the walls are covered in travellers license plates/vanity plates, and college pennants from around the country. Will have to bring a pennant on my next trip!
The food at Howard's was excellent and the bartender was quick, but the waitress we had seemed to be MIA from time to time when we needed her. It was a Friday night and quite busy when we were there, so I am sure she had plenty of other tables to tend to as well. Overall a great experience and great first impression of Ocracoke.

virginia
“Love this place each time we're here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our family of five stays in Nags Head each year, but we always take a day trip to Ocracoke. Each time we stop for lunch at Howard's Pub, and each time we love it! The kids' meals come served on a frisbee, which is always a hit. I ordered NC bbq, which was simply delicious. The hamburgers and grilled cheese also rated highly with our family. We will definitely go back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dover, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best food I've had on obx vacation!!!! Crab dip amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I ordered a teriyaki tuna sandwich it was amazing best seafood I've had so far on my vacation! We ordered the crab and shrimp appetizer with a fresh pita chips. Banging!!!! My husband got a burger with chili on it - Carolina - it was good but very messy. The menu is priced right and you get a lot of food. Great customer service! Would highly recommend and definitely coming back here!!

Richmond, Virginia
“Popular place with average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

If you visit Ocracoke, you have to stop in at Howards. If nothing else, the decor is worth viewing as folks drop off their license plates, police patches, and school flags. I sent my nephew a Howard's Pub t-shirt when he was on duty in Iraq. His photo is near the cash register. We also dropped off our VA license plate with Virginia TO OINC. The food is O.K. My husband enjoys the hamburgers. I always order the fried oysters, but they are not the best. We just like to go to see what has been added since we last left. Looking at all of the cars in the parking lot and noticing all the different states of visitors is part of the fun too. They do have a great view from the roof patio so enjoying a beer before the table is ready is always good.