“Wouldn't Stay Anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teeter's Campground

Teeter's Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Teeter's Campground
You added Teeter's Campground to your Saves list
200 British Cemetery Road, Ocracoke, NC 27960   |
PA
“Wouldn't Stay Anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

Many of us who have visited Ocracoke & stayed at Teeter's for YEARS hesitate to even write a review. We all know a good thing when we see it. However, the rude slanders of Bubbie (manager) are undeserved. He is one of the kindest, most generous, honest people we have ever known. First of all, the island itself is very primitive (no insult intended). That's why we love it there. You won't find "high-class" housing, restaurants, or people living on the island. Those who want that style should continue up to Nags Head or south to Palm Beach! Anyone who wants to will make wonderful, life-long friends at the campground. Each annual trip is like a family reunion!

Yes, the restrooms could be upgraded; however, the USERS are accountable for some of the conditions! Look at the condition of most other public restrooms. Most other campgrounds and parks where we have stayed also had primitive facilities.....that's called CAMPING!!!!! Tenters would probably fare better at the National Park Campground, since no facilities are needed or available.

Stayed July 2008

Business
New Bern, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

My family and I had a very laid back and peaceful stay at Teeters. Perfect location. Very family friendly. I found the campground to be be very quiet, clean and safe. Owner was very polite and helpful. We usualy only campout once a year but are now planning another trip to Teeters for the fall!

• Liked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Altavista, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

My kids, friends and I have stayed at Teeters over the years for many reasons: Shade, sandy/grassy soft tent sites, friendly and helpful owners, HOT showers (the state site on the ocean has no shade, no hot water, and lots of biting flies!). Teeter's campground is dog friendly, kid/family friendly, other campers are friendly-- I've been there with a banjo-playing friend who struck up a "jam session" with other musicians he found there! Teeter's is within walking distance to everything. Ocracoke is small, quiet, non-commercial and my favorite place on earth. Nothing there is fancy, and that's OK with me. This is one of the few places in this country that time hasn't ruined. If you ARE looking for shiny, bright, up-scale commercial facilities or beaches, I suggest you go up the island strand toward Duck, where they even have shiny white sidewalks. I'll take Ocracoke and Teeters over that every day of the week!

Stayed August 2007
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2008

Teeter's Campground is a laid back small campground. There are lots for tents or campers with bathroom facilities: indoor and outdoor showers, water, sewage and cable TV provided. The manager is concencious and helpful. He's lived on the island all his life, a good guy.

Not much on Ocracoke is fancy and neither are the campgrounds. You are off the main road with trees, which means shade on hot summer days. You will usually find a friendly crowd here as people return often.

Come in the fall when it is quiet.

• Liked — Inexpensive, Out of the way, Friendly folks
  • Disliked — Not always the cleanest bathrooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

We visited Teeter's during Easter weekend. We were looking for hook-ups and something close to town(without breaking the bank). We got exactly that. Ocracoke has been a favorite spot for us for a long time. Tee shirts, flip flops, cold beer and a "Hey, how yall doing?" go a long way. Bubba and his wife were very nice people. We had a great time and we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2006

I and my family have stayed at Teeter's campground mny times over the years, and we love it. This campground is obviously not like other, bigger campgrounds. Sure its not the fanciest of campgrounds, but it does have a very friendly environment. I have attended cookouts that teeter has put held. Ocracoke is not meant to be a touristy place, and indeed, that would ruin the appeal of the island. I strongly disapprove of the previous description of Teeter. He is very nice and helpful. If you were having an issue with loud campers, you can always say something to him and he will help out.
I always enjoy my time in ocracoke staying at teeter's campground and meeting interesting people. I plan to stay there again this year again because it's that good.

• Stayed July 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2006

Teeter's Campground is not for everyone -- especially people who are looking to "relax," as one person wrote. The noise bothered everyone in my family, and the site itself was a disgrace. I agree with the first poster -- there is a MUCH better, cleaner, nicer, quieter campground down the road. This place isn't worth the small amount we payed to stay there. yuck.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Teeter's Campground? Share your experiences!