“Taco stand!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Eclectic, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner
Description: Authentic, regional Mexican Cuisine prepared creatively with locally sourced seafood (and organic ingredients) when possible. At Eduardo's, we pride ourselves on the quality and innovation of our Mexican cuisine. Do not be mislead by our food truck setting-this is gourmet Mexican food, lovingly prepared.
greenvillenc
“Taco stand!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I were there mid February. There was very little open on the island and we love that quietness. We asked around about good food options. This place kept popping up. It's a trailer! Now, you got to get past that as this is a diamond in the rough. The food was a 10. Generous enough for me and plenty of Mexican goodness sprinkled in. Guacamole was awesome and very authentic Mexican. Give it a try.

Visited February 2014

Richmond, Virginia
“Best Burrito Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

OMG. I was so hesitant when the innkeepers told us to check out Eduardo's Taco Stand. This guy operates out of a truck along side the road. Well, we rode our bikes to the beach and on our way, stopped by Eduardo's to make sure he would still be open when we returned because we didn't want to miss out on what everyone said was amazing. We ended up at Eduardo's at about 2:30 in the afternoon and ordered crab burritos. They were fantastic -- filled with crab, huge portion and wonderful flavor. They were so filling that we skipped dinner that evening!! He does keep his own hours so don't pass by thinking he'll be open later.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I'm SO glad that Eduardo's truck was still open despite my post-season, first-ever visit to Ocracoke. I love fine dining and a nice ambience. But finding fantastic, creative, fresh, flavorful food at low prices from a food truck is as enjoyable as any fine dining experience, in my book. I had a vegetarian tostada and taco, and both were fantastic. (How wonderful to find a tostada someplace other than a fast-food chain that will remain unnamed, and one that doesn't have the requisite smear of bland refried beans.) Thank you, Eduardo's.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Taco Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent a week on Ocracoke and rode bikes to the Ocracoke Variety Store almost every day. Eduardo's is located just off the parking lot. We couldn't help but notice the popularity of this food truck, so we decided on Friday to ride down and partake. So glad we did! The menu is rather large and had a lot to offer, but we really wanted a taco. We ordered the shrimp tacos with mango salsa and the cheesy pork tacos. Both were delicious. I'm partial to pork when eating Mexican fare and this taco was the best thing ever. Other people were ordering burrito's which appeared to be almost as big as their heads. The food portions are very generous and delicious. Highly recommend stopping by and picking up something.

Visited October 2013
Florence, Kentucky, United States
“Out of fish...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We've been in Hatteras since Sunday afternoon and have taken the 40 minute ferry over to Ocracoke at least 2-3 times to try some highly recommended fish tacos. Every time we made it over to the island, though, the taco stand was not open even though we were told that they would be open for breakfast. I understand making your own hours, especially during off season when it's not as busy, but some type of sign letting us know would be nice and make it much easier for us to plan out when we were going to come by. When we finally caught him at an open time, they were out of fish (which was the only reason we were trying so hard to make it over there). We ended up just getting something else, but what we did get was still great. I got some veggie tacos that were filled to the brim with delicious, fresh ingredients, and my husband got some carnitos (sp?) tacos. Reasonable pricing... about $2 and some change per taco for the three that I got, and about $3 and some change per taco for the three that he got. All in all, we spent about $20 for the both of us, including two sodas, and we'd definitely go back (and hopefully get some fish next time). I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fresh, local place to try out, but just make sure you catch him when he's open ;)

• Visited October 2013