“The Sand Dollar is clean.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sand Dollar Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Sand Dollar Motel
You added Sand Dollar Motel to your Saves list
70 Sand Dollar Rd., Ocracoke, NC 27960   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Ocracoke
Mckinny, Texa
“The Sand Dollar is clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

My mother and I were enroute from Willmington to Manteo for the weekend. We needed a place to rest for the night. The Sand Dollar was perfect for us. We were very pleased with the convenient location, tucked away just off the path, the friendly owner and the crisp clean sheets and clean everything. The rate was reasonable for a Friday night, allowing us to spend some time in the quaint little shops and to have a wonderful meal at the Pony Island restraunt!. In the morning they provided some coffee and a doughnut and we were off!

• Stayed June 2006

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2006

Our stay in Ocracoke was lovely, however we had a miscommunication folks should be aware of at the Sand Dollar. The folks at Sand Dollar were fairly nice, but when I booked the room i specifically asked about the pool, as it was my and my boyfriend's birthday weekend and we both really wanted a pool to sit by. It was closed when we went there. I asked if we could lay by the pool and not go in, as to relax in the sun, but they said we could not. Apparently the health inspector had not come...then they said that they do not open the pool until Memorial Weekend. They did NOT tell me this on the phone and I told them I only stayed there because they had a pool. They apologized but did not seem bothered by the fact of what i was saying. I told them I specifically asked about this when i made the reservation for May 20th weekend.

Room was cute and clean, but small. Stand up shower...very hot water....no tub...bed was ok but not the best, sheets were scratchy, could smell some mildew as well perhaps on the mattress. Too bad we could not stay at the Pony Island Motel as it was booked....but there pool was open.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

My nephews whole wedding party stayed in this hotel, July29,-Aug 1st. We were all treated to excellent service, and I will plan another reservation there in the future. Good Luck to this hotel. They are great. Thank you for everything.

Been to Sand Dollar Motel? Share your experiences!