“Very different menu” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Budd Lake, New Jersey
“Very different menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

They've recently changed their menu, so beware - the menu we saw online was much different than the one we saw when we got there. Everyone had their heart set on something from the online menu, and the new menu had none of those things. Tons of oyster options, but the rest of the seafood options were pretty uninspired. The food was just okay - a bit too salty, although we loved the pork tacos. The music inside was super loud, but the deck was nice. The service was great.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Everything but the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Needless to say the oysters on a half shell were sub-par and three of them had oyster crabs (which I think is very distasteful). My boyfriend ordered the Philly steak egg rolls ( obviously from frozen) defiantly over cooked. Outside of all the egg rolls where hard and dark brown. When you bit into it, the outside crumbled off as if it was burnt. Inside of the egg roll was dry and average.

On an up note, staff was friendly and service was quick. We sat on a screened porch which was nice and a band was getting ready to play.

Probably would only come back if we were drunk and wanted to take interest in the pool table located in a separate room.

Church Hill, Tennessee
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We had Philly cheese steak egg rolls and crab cake sandwiches, everything was great including the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh seafood in a casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We went with a group of for and started with raw oysters. This was the first time I'd ever had a raw oyster and I think I am now spoiled.

My fiancée had a burger that she enjoyed. My brother-in-law and myself ate the tuna caught locally. We both ordered it extra-rare and was seared perfectly. The slaw and fries were great.

We went during the 2014 FIFA World Cup and there were a few televisions with good views all around. We felt comfortable in the casual atmosphere.

We will return next time we're in ocracoke.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh Flounder Is Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This place looks like a dump and the name does not make you think family restaurant. Very casual atmosphere. Laid back but really good food. Have had a great crab cake there before. This time I had a lunch special; fresh flounder basket. It was the best flounder I have ever had. Went back and got a take out the day I left to eat as I waited for the Hatteras Ferry. Our waiter was a cute guy with a British accent and he was very friendly and helpful to my group of past the prime ladies. Everyone in the group liked their meal. I got a corn on the cob to go and it was not what I expected; sort of dried out. I only ate part of it.

Visited June 2014