“blackbeards lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Island Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Island Inn
You added Island Inn to your Saves list
100 Lighthouse Road, Ocracoke, NC 27960   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
louisville,Kentuckyy. USA
“blackbeards lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

five of us went to ocracoke island and enjoyed every minute except for one rainy day! plenty to see,had fun riding bikes all of the town,had fun in the sea. went to other island and climbed ALOT of steps in the lighthouse in cape hattaras,plenty of places to eat too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this run down shack this September and it was by far the worst experience I had, out of all the places I'd stayed at, during my 3 week road trip! I only stayed there because the Pony Island Motel was fully booked, and I wasn't sure if I would get a room, elsewhere on the island that Friday afternoon. So in desperation, I took the room which had not been properly cleaned. The bathtub had not been cleaned, there was still used soap in there from the last poor suckers who stayed there before me. No T.V., no phone, no fridge, no hair dryer, a/c was there which made it smell even moldier than it smelled without it on. Finally I just opened the door, couldn't get the painted-shut windows open. Heard the neighbours next door and their Rottweiler barking, when they left him alone in the room. Stinky, scarey place! Couldn't sleep there, was too afraid of what may be crawling over me. Stayed there 10 years ago, in an upstairs room, that was alittle better than room #4, back then they at least had a nice breakfast included in the price, BUT not anymore. I should have actually demanded my money back, it cost me $93 Cdn. when I got home to find the charge on my visa bill. The pool was closed for repairs, but no one was working on fixing it. Just a REAL RIPOFF! They better pull up their socks before the health department closes them down, lots of competition on the island, there are nice clean places to stay on the island, where the people running the establishments are very professional! Do yourself a favor, don't go there, you will be disappointed!

Room Tip: Stay at the Pony Island Inn Motel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lombard, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you like taking a shower in a crumbling, moldy bathtub, turning on a TV set that's not connected
to anything, and having to telephone the inn manager from right outside the office in order for her to open the office; this is the place for you! The packaged bathroom soap was thinner than scraps
I throw away. There were wires and conduits hanging everywhere, there were not enough outlets
accommodate the ( non-working) TV, small refrigerator,and table lamp at the same time! It cost +/- $82. The night before we had a Hampton Inn with heated indoor pool, business center, etc. for $ $72.
Oh, and the "closet" had no hangers, because it had no rod to hang them on.
Stay away!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
East Granby, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We needed an extra night after renting a house for a week. Inn owner was very accommodating in getting us a refrigerator for the room and adjusting our reservation. Lobby was inviting. Our room was comfortable, albeit in need of renovations. Several little things need minor repairs, but they didn't affect the quality of the room. It's an old building and inn, and one has to expect a few querks, not the perfectness of rooms in new hotels. I'd stay at the Island Inn again. It's away from the crowds but close enough to everything. Of course in Ocracoke, it's hard to not be close to everything. It's a small place, and lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kinston, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I experienced a lot of the same problems others reported on. We had stayed at The Island Inn several years ago & it was a pretty good deal for the money but it has really gone downhill. My major concerns are that my credit card was charged the total amount for four nights as soon as I made the reservation without informing me of this in advance. I have never had that happen before when reserving a room. The other very telling thing about the state of this Inn is one afternoon we returned to a room that had not been cleaned. The owners were sitting out in front in the sun. We mentioned this to her & she said the maid was sick. Well my thoughts were get up & clean the rooms yourself. You just don't let guest return to dirty wet towels, no soap or toilet paper after they've spent the day on the beach. Thank goodness we returned before 6pm or she would have been gone & we would not have gotten a towel exchange. My husband bagged up the trash & gave it to her. We go to Ocracoke 4 to 5 times a year but we will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Morehead City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great room everything you need for a quick get away or extended stay. The best thing about this hotel is the customer service. Cee and Mary Chandler are awesome and will make you feel right at home. Ocracoke is a quaint little Island make sure if you go to park the car and rent a golf cart.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've been coming to Ocracoke Island for many years but had never stayed at the Island Inn until this year. While this hotel has potential, it is in desperate need of a renovation. We stayed in the "old part" of the hotel and the room had no amenities - including no t.v. Everything was worn, falling apart, and musty. There was no one ever at the front desk - even during check-in. Honestly, it is one notch above camping. On the plus side there is a pool and it walking distance to the town. But for the money we paid, we could have stayed at a much nicer hotel that was still in the "budget" category. I hope they put some $ into a renovation because the potential is there.

Room Tip: There is a newer building of suites. They might be ok. We didn't see any of those rooms but they...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!