“Make sure to stop & see this lighthouse in Ocracoke!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 23 things to do in Ocracoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest lighthouse still in operation in North Carolina.
New River Gorge, WV
15 attraction reviews
“Make sure to stop & see this lighthouse in Ocracoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you take the ferry to Ocracoke, be sure to stop and see the lighthouse. Even though I've been here several times, I still love seeing all of the OBX lighthouses on each visit. If you sit outside at Jolly Roger's or one of the other restaurants, you'll have a great view of it too.

Visited September 2012

19 attraction reviews
“Fun destination in a cute village.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a fun time touring the village of Ocracoke island on our rented golf cart and the lighthouse was visible from a lot of locations. I agree with many reviews about the parking. VERY tight, but it is worth stopping and seeing this little gem. It is beautifully mantained and a fun stop.

Chester
13 attraction reviews
“Ocracoke Lighthouse, Beautiful and Historic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Although I have visited this light myself many times over the years, it was really fun to share it with my family during our March vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The grounds here are always well-maintained and the tower and Keeper's residence picturesque. I cannot visit Ocracoke Island without stopping by here to pay my respects!

Visited March 2012
obx
“Wonderful! Can't climb it but it is so cool! Great history! We love lighthouses and it was nice to be able to see it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Oldest & shorest operating lighthouse in America! Nice clean grounds and the park service person took our picture!

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia
6 attraction reviews
“Cool historic place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Since 1999, it has been always a visual pleasure to view the lightouse in daylight and at night. The only drawback is that they don't allow us inside the lighthouse, unlike Cap Hatteras Lighthouse. I wouldn't mind paying VIP fee (up to $50 per head) to climb to the top!

Visited September 2012