“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anchorage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
The Anchorage Inn
You added The Anchorage Inn to your Saves list
P.O. Box 880, Rte. 12, Ocracoke, NC   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
pgh
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 5 days @ the Anchorage. I have nothing bad to say about the place. We loved every minute of it. The King room was large and very clean. View of Silver Lake from 4th floor balcony was awesome. We got up each morning, got some coffee from lobby(could also make it in room with coffemaker) sat a while on balcony watching days activities begin. One day TV remote wasn't working, we told housekeeping and it was fixed in less than 5 minutes. Are within walking distance to many of the restaurants and shops
The pool across the street by the docks was sparkling clean with good location. Eating/drinking at Smacnally's not to be missed: cold beer, freshest fish, best burgers and fries, and watching the boats come in with their catches.
Ocracoke is a wonderful place to visit. Rent a golfcart and see the whole village. Beautiful homes with gorgeous, well tended gardens. Don't miss the path through Springer's Point out by the lighthouse. Best way to get around if you don't rent golfcart is to bike ride.
There are wonderful little restaurants and eclectic little shops to browse through.
Again, thanks to the owners of Anchorage Inn for allowing us to have a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Canton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I should have done more research ... But, this was the first place I called and (Surprise!) they had a room available for two nights. The front desk/innkeeper is in the wrong industry: He never smiled, never spoke other than to say the minimum required to check me in/out. Very basic room. No microwave/refrigerator. Very loud a.c. Carpet was sticky; I wore my flipflops at all times. Many other lovely places to stay. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee and convenience store muffins in the very tiny office. I faced the stairs on the 4th floor and got quite a workout going up and down! Unfortunately, Okracoke has been "discovered" since I was last there in the mid '80's. Too many people in too small a village. I won't be back.

Room Tip: All rooms face the marina. It's going to be busy with lots of noise from the marina bar.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful,simple place to stay with great views over silver lake harbor.Pool right across hotel next to ocean.Cannot go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2011
Westbrook, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were on a road trip from New England to Savannah and decided top take the "slow road" down the Outer Banks. Spent 1 night at the Anchorage Inn at Ocracoke. We had a top floor suite facing the water. Lots of square feet, water views, nice man at the desk but that's where the good news ends. The kitchen was yucky: junky cabinets, low end everything. We couldn't use the the lovely balcony off the living room because of swarms of mosquitoes and we couldn't open the door to the balcony because there were no screens. So there we sat in a kind of musty suite with it closed up like a mausoleum. The worst part was the bedroom of this waterfront suite: it had no windows at all. I can hardly breath just thinking about it. I highly recommend the drive down the Outer Banks and we'll do it again. We just won't stay in this suite again.

Room Tip: The upper floor suite isn't a good choice. It looks like the other rooms all have a balcony run...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I went to Ocracoke Island for the first time in 2004. We have been returning every year and continue to stay at the Anchorage Inn. The front desk and staff are very courteous and amiable. Small fare breakfast provided so you can sit on the many deck chairs and enjoy the view. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and very satisfactory for our needs. Private pool for guests only located across the street overlooking Silver Lake that is very clean. Several lounge chairs to relax and enjoy the sun before or after going to the beach. The location is in walking distance to all of the various shops and the best coffee shop on the island. Menus provided at the Inn for the various restaurants. The view from the third floor balcony is awesome, you can see the ferries coming in and out and the lighthouse can be seen from a distance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

First of all, there were 3 of us on this trip, 2 in one room and me (third wheel) in another. Guess we were lucky to get rooms here at the last minute. We came on the second day they had opened for the season thinking there would be plenty of rooms available.....but.....we were wrong. We were told most of the hotel was filled w/ a wedding group, ugggg! We got rooms overlooking the inside steps. Ok, I'm not complaining about that but when I was ready for bed there was NOISE galore outside my room.....then about 12:00am there was a knock at my door from some drunk female saying "oh, sorry about that" (btw, I am a female, all by myself) . I had to run the ac/fan to block the outside noise which worked pretty good. The bed wasn't bad, bathroom ok, tv ok, there was coffee and store-bought muffins for breakfast nothing special. There's not a lot of motels/hotels in Ocracoke to chose from especially if you want close to the water so I would stay here again....hopefully no wedding or other people party next time!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Large inn right on the harbor and close to the ferry. Standard hotel furnishings and atmosphere. Carpet was really dirty but the rest was clean. Probably a reasonable rate for island fare, but there are many more charming places.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!