“WOW!!! Awesome all around!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dahlonega, Georgia
“WOW!!! Awesome all around!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I spent our 2nd anniversary dinner dining out on the pattio after watching the sun go down over Ocracoke in the lovely restaurant. We were already on cloud 9 but this place was the icing on the cake. Wonderful friendly service with a smile and absolutely amazing food. My wife had the tempura fried red drum and I had the Shrimp / Scallop pesto pasta and like always we split our plates between each other. Wow!!! We couldn't decide which one was better. One of the best all around dinners I've ever had. Great bottle beer selection on the island. AWESOME!!!

• Visited September 2013

grosse pointe park mi
“Don't Just Walk On By....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were walking around Ocracoke for the first time, and stopped to read the menu which was posted outside of Dajio. The hostess came right outside to greet us and asked us if we'd like to eat inside or out. We chose inside, and were surprised at the lovely atmosphere. The rest of my family had seafood of one sort or another, but I opted for a chicken sandwhich. We were all very pleased with the delicious food, and the pleasant waitress. I tried the clam chowder, as the menu suggested, and was amazed at the flavor. It was the best clam chowder I've ever had, and very different from the norm. I wish I could get back there to try the breakfasts, but it's over 1000 miles by car and then a ferry ride, so I guess I'll have to wait until next summer....

Annapolis, Maryland
“Our VERY FAVORITE Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Every summer, when we return to Ocracoke, we look forward to eating at DAJIO's. This summer was no exception!!! The addition of the wood-fired Pizza was particularly great for a late night treat! There is nothing that we haven't found that isn't tasty and a bit different, which makes it fun to try. It is obvious that ALOT of thought and care goes into each dish, whether it is on the regular menu or a "special" for the day. Breakfasts at Dajio's are an awesome way to start the day (the Crème-brule French Toast and omelets are fantastic), and based on the size of the portions, often negates the need for lunch! But, stopping by between 3 and 5 PM for the Shrimp Hour is a must for at least one day. Dinners are our favorite and we really enjoy dining inside where we have always been warmly greeted and served by an attentive server. The evening music entertainment in the bar after dinner makes for a good stopping off spot before turning in for the night. DAJIO's is definitely more than a "cut above" all the other restaurants on the island!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Really good dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A nice change from the t-shirt and flip flop restaurants on the island. Crab cakes were very good. My husband loved the chef's take on clam chowder. We'd certainly recommend his place.

Visited September 2013
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Best restaurant in Ocracoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

First ate at Dajio's two years ago while on a day trip to Ocracoke. Remembered the wonderful atmosphere and delicious food, so returned last week while staying on the island for a week's vacation. Dajio's did not disappoint...just as wonderful as we remembered. Food outrageously delicious, and waitress was very helpful in choosing the wine that would compliment our meal. Will definitely make Dajio's a yearly tradition!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere