“Best restaurant in Ocracoke!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 29 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Best restaurant in Ocracoke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

First ate at Dajio's two years ago while on a day trip to Ocracoke. Remembered the wonderful atmosphere and delicious food, so returned last week while staying on the island for a week's vacation. Dajio's did not disappoint...just as wonderful as we remembered. Food outrageously delicious, and waitress was very helpful in choosing the wine that would compliment our meal. Will definitely make Dajio's a yearly tradition!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NC
“food poisoing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

EWWW....over priced and not at all what the reviews explained. WE got food poisoning from the sea food mac and cheese and the services are very small and over priced. They sat us next to the loud kitchen and we actually saw ALOT of food being sent back uneaten. Will not be going back. The menu describes food they don't serve...this was a very disappointing stop.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Don't have it your way here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I ordered cheese grits and they arrived soupy and watery. When I complained, the staff told us that a lot of people complain about this but the chef "knows what he is doing." Southerners (like me) know grits--apparently the chef does not! I would not recommend Dajios.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kreskin2207
“Good, but not great lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I don't make it to Ocracoke often, but when I do I almost exclusively eat at Howard's Pub. Looking to mix things up a bit on this day-trip from Nags Head, my wife & I stopped at Dajio for lunch. We sat out on the patio and were taken pretty good care of by the waitress. My wife had a shrimp salad sandwich which was very good, but had a large amount of bread. She opted to eat it sans the bun and it was light and refreshing. I opted for the fresh local fish sandwich which was a good standard fish sandwich. The cole slaw both of us got was very bland and wasn't my favorite, also seemed it was leftover as it was just slightly brown.

All in all it was fine although a bit pricey. Nothing was really bad, I just kept thinking that I could have been having a crabcake sandwich at Howard's Pub the entire time....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Indiana
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went in for breakfast and were seated immediately. Our waitress was great, very knowledgeable and friendly when answering our questions about the island. The seafood omelet was incredible. My husband had the shrimp and grits and said it was also excellent. There was plenty of kid-friendly food, too. Ours had egg sandwiches and French toast. The house potatoes were so good too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere