“Simple and great!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Connecticut
“Simple and great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is one of our favorite lunch stops. I always came away feeling like I had eaten something healthy (before I hit their sweet selection) and that was also very tasty. The place is always clean, the staff friendly and you can eat outside. What's not to like?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Rude employees”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

As other reviewers have stated, the staff is EXTREMELY rude. I began the conversation with "my child has a nut allergy." Before I could finish my sentence the owner rolled her eyes, looked at us like "and what do you want me to do about it," and huffed through the rest of the conversation. The other employee interrupted my conversation about my child, and asked of she could get me anything. When I paused to figure out what I wanted which was a split second, she responded with "I guess not and walked off." Where is customer service nowadays especially since repeat business is important in a food establishment. No public restrooms either. They send you across the street to the gas station.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Delicious fudge and chocolate cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopping here is a must during our yearly visit to Ocracoke. The fudge selection is awesome and I've yet to taste a flavor I don't like. This year we also tried the gigantic chocolate cake sold by the slice. It is to die for. I also bought a very nice loaf of fresh sourdough bread. Prices are extremely reasonable and you can get quarter pounds of fudge if, like me, you can't commit to half or one pound of a flavor. The staff are lovely. My only "criticism" is that this place is a real hazard for bathing suit season :) Do not miss!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Nice stop with good sandwhiches.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Typical candy store, with lots of options. The bakery and sandwiches are excellent. We picked up lunch to take on the ferry with us. Top notch pimento.

Visited August 2013
Wood Dale, Illinois
“A rare but excellent gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We came here about 12 years ago on a vacation. We were just passing though for a day or so. Actually, we were on a tour of the OBX lighthouses. We really liked the spot and said that if we ever made it back we would be sure to stop in. THe prices are excellent and the confections are simply to die for. (what...it IS a pirate town! LOL!)

Visited August 2013