“Wonderful Get Away” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   310 E 1st Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469   |
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Wonderful Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our second year to stay at The Winds Resort. WE LOVE IT!! The buffet breakfast is out-standing. We had a simple problem with the air conditioner but called front desk & help was at our door promptly & problem solved immediately. Friendly, courteous staff at the front desk, in the Garden Cafe and housekeeping. Room was very clean & the bed comfortable. Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We are so happy to hear that this was your second stay at The Winds, a lot of our guests come back year after year for their beach vacations! Thank you for your wonderful comments about our front desk, Garden cafe and housekeeping staff and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travelers. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at Ocean Isle and we look forward to having you back to stay with us again!

Director Of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've been in March and in October when the vacation crowds are nowhere to be seen. Although the Tiki Bar wasn't open at those times, the breakfast buffet was, and it is always excellent. From cereal to toast to waffles or pancakes, muffins, fruit, juice, eggs, bacon, potatoes, not much missing there!
The rooms are all clean and inviting. Some have little stovetops for cooking when you want to stay near the beach rather than venture off for a meal. The property when I was there had two outdoor pools (one right on the beach) as well as an indoor one.
There was a resident cat that often came visiting, and the occasional chameleon poolside.
Every morning and evening there was a flock of pelicans on patrol, doing their flyby!
I love The Winds!

Room Tip: I actually travelled last in 2008, but I have kept watch on their website to what rates are like and...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with other travelers. We are so glad that you have enjoyed our property. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our clean and inviting rooms. We still have two outdoor pools, one oceanfront, and an indoor pool as well as several hot tubs. Mittens is still hanging around, typically outside the Garden Room after breakfast.
We hope to have you back to stay with us again and in the meantime you can keep in touch with us on our Facebook page!

Whiteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My extended and I enjoyed the time we spent in a four bedroom beach house. The accommodations were wonderful, the breakfast was delicious, and the staff was very helpful! I would highly recommend The Winds Resort to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway at the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travelers. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad that you enjoyed the breakfast as well. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff! We hope to have you back to stay with us again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

In town for a family wedding and Thanksgiving. The staff and facility was more than I could have hoped for. Every request for another table or more towels was handled perfectly, no hassle, friendly staff, amazing! Anyone and everyone who is looking for an excellent experience at a beautiful beach needs to visit here. Stayed in one of the "houses", 6 well appointed rooms on 2 floors with a LARGE common room, with full kitchen facilities. And I mean FULL. Nothing was needed but the food. Rooms were clean, and each had a mini kitchen that also was stocked with real dishes and glassware. Housekeeping must be ghost because everything was taken care of with out any intrusion. The included breakfast was simple and excellent. Pools, indoor and out, ping pong, shuffle board, beach vollyball, bikes for loan (not rented!!!). This is my first visit here and although I have may relatives I can stay with in this area, this is now my go to place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to The Winds Resort! Our cottages are great for families because while they provide a private bedroom space they also give you a big common living room, kitchen and screened in porch to utilize for gatherings. We are glad to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving with us and that our staff was accommodating. We look forward to having you back to stay with us again soon!

Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am a beach bum. This fits my style. Homey, slightly dated, but with quick access to the beach, the pool, or the the tikki hut! ;)

The place feels like a family member's large beach house (probably an older aunt). Everything and everyone has a level of comfort and a certain relaxing quality. If you like high faluentin' and fancy, this is not your place. If you really need to shift gears and take some down time in a beach scene, then is for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travelers. We describe our property as a small, charming, family-oriented resort with a nostalgic beach cottage decor. We are not a ritzy five-star resort, but that is not what we aim to be. We enjoy being a relaxed environment that centers around the beach, and we're glad you do too! We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I got married at the Winds on October 20, 2012. I had a beautiful, perfect, extraordinary, elegantly simple, and amazing wedding. These weren't my adjectives- but the ones that many of my family and firends use to describe my wedding. The beach made an amazing backdrop to a beautiful ceremony, and the reception site came together in a breathtaking way!

I decided on having my wedding at the Winds over a year ago. I loved that Mel O'daniel was the wedding director- she dealt with emails and questions from me for over a year. More frequent questions arose closer to the wedding date and she truly knew how to calm a nervous bride. She made sure that I felt special and unique- not that I was event number 219. I felt like she really cared about making sure my wedding was my dream wedding- including making a major food change and number count change a month before the wedding. We were even able to use the open Tiki bar after the reception ended for a small after-party. It was such a relief to have good vendors picked out for me. Mel made great suggestions on what might work here or there. I loved my photographer and the cake was breath-taking. I have several friends who have gotten married locally (Raleigh, NC) spent a lot of time worried about who to use for this or that. I didn't have that additional stress- which was fantastic! Mel and the Winds made my wedding come to life in a way that I will happily remember for the rest of our lives. As it was truly the wedding of my dreams!

Room Tip: The night before the wedding we stayed in the 5 room guest house. It was great to be able to spend...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Congratulations on your recent wedding! We are so happy we could be a part of such a special day for you and your families and we are also thrilled to hear that you and your guests enjoyed their stay with us.

Our wedding staff works so hard on these events so it is nice for them to read your kind words. And you are right, Mel is great! She is wonderful at what she does, from start to finish she truly enjoys weddings and working with brides to make their dreams come true.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers and with us. Your kind words about our property and our staff are very much appreciated. We hope to have you back to stay with us again soon! And once again, Congratulations!

Lumberton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were here a week ago and LOVED it. It is off season but it was a beautiful resort with tropical qualities. They have a breakfast that is really good. The rooms are spacious and clean. We cant wait to get there again.. It will be on my to go list all the time...Loved it. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Really nice place to go..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travelers. We appreciate your comments about how great our staff is and about our resort! We truly LOVE hearing that! We are so glad you enjoyed your time Ocean Isle and we look forward to having you back to stay with us again soon!

Director Of Marketing

Been to The Winds Resort Beach Club? Share your experiences!