“Pick Your Favorite Dressy Casual and You Are Ready For mini-paradise......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Winds Resort Beach Club

You added The Winds Resort Beach Club to your Saves list
The Winds Resort Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   310 E 1st Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Glen Rock, NJ
“Pick Your Favorite Dressy Casual and You Are Ready For mini-paradise......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Ok.......There have been some recent hiccup reviews which caused concern as I was about to visit this wonderful Bob Marley Island. I actually called the hotel ahead and I was so impressed
with how Gary addressed each complaint by other guests in a line item fashion.

He reassured me and we drove 12 hours with our wonderful daughters to experience a warm fuzzy cup of hot cocoa on the beach. The decor of our Magnolia Suite in Room 410 was seaside decor - whitewashed bedroom furniture in the 2 bedrooms and rattan and glass in the living/dining room area. Only two hairs we found in the 2 cleaned bathrooms but that happens at home when we clean our 4 bathrooms as welll so a pass on that.

Embrace the beauty of the landscaping - numerous varities of palms, hibiscus flowers and ONE bannana tree.

Beach was beautiful and the outside "communal decks," with Adirondack rocking chairs helped us meet fun people and enjoy wine with my husband at NJ happy hour time - 5 p.m. A great family vacation that will not break the wallet.........

Room Tip: Room 410, East Wing, Oceanfront..............
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Marketing Director at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with other travelers. We are glad you and your daughters enjoyed your trip to The Winds. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and your time spent at The Winds so much.

Our gardeners work year round to ensure that the beautiful greenery, landscaping and tropical plants and flowers stay that way. We hope you and your daughters will make the trip down to Ocean Isle again soon!

Director Of Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
charles town wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

One of the nicest places we have ever stayed at out of all the East Coast Beaches. Room was modern and immaculate, free hot breakfast was not a 5 star but more that adequate and close to the room. Beach was fantastic and staff was most helpfull. Will return for sure

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with other travelers. It makes all of us happy to hear that you had a great time at The Winds! Your comments about how clean your room was and our hot breakfast buffet are appreciated. We look forward to having you back to stay with us soon!

Fort Lewis, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is where you want to go to avoid the tourist trap of myrtle beach. It was very nice here and hope that you enjoy it as well. Very friendly staff all around. There are less people here and those that are here are much more friendlier. Unfortunately there are not so many restaurants to choose from. So save your money by cooking your own meals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Marketing Director at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and with other travelers. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our less crowded beaches. One of the great aspects about staying with us is that many of our rooms do come with a full kitchen so you can cook your own meals and save some money.

However, we do also have several restaurants in the Ocean Isle Area that offer a great variety of foods (not just seafood!) including Sharky’s Waterfront Restaurant (surf themed décor with great food), Roberto’s (specializing in great steaks and of course – Italian dishes & pizza), Causeway Gourmet, Sugar Shack (authentic Jamaican restaurant), The Boundary House (in nearby Calabash that has a little bit of everything) and many more.

Our front desk is always happy to help with suggestions and they also keep copies of selected menus around to help. We appreciate your comments and we hope to have you to stay with us again soon!

Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just came back from The Winds. My wife did all the planning and she booked this place based on the reviews. Now that I'm back I'm reading these reviews for the first time. If your looking for a place that has a lively night life and a crowded boardwalk, stay in your car and drive to Myrtle This place is a nice laid back place to enjoy the ocean without being inundated with thousands of people grappling for a spot on the beach. We had five kids with us and they all had a great time. We had a room that had two bedrooms and a pull out sofa bed. We never felt cramped or claustrophobic at all. Besides you don't come to the beach to stay in your room. Two issues that I want to address before I continue is the bug issue and George the bartender I see some people say that they found cockroaches. This is completely false. What they saw were harmless palmetto bugs. The farther South you go in the US, the more palmetto bugs you see. People are acting like they were swarmed by these bugs. That's nonsense. I saw a total of three in my room in Seven days. Big deal. These bugs are completely harmless. Also, I saw a few reviews in regard to the rudeness of George the bartender. This is also false. George is a "loud talker". He is gregarious. The kids at pool,including mine, loved him. I have a child with a bone disease which required me pushing him at times in a wheelchair. George would leave the bar to walk over to us to give him shaved ice. He did this everyday he worked. He also did this for all the able bodied kids their as well if they asked him. I struck up conversations with at least three families and each of these families have been coming to the winds for 15 years. That's a testament to this place. The rooms were clean,though a lil musty. But they have dehumidifiers in the room to remove it. Again that's what happens when your two steps from the beach on 90 degree days walking into and air conditioned room. It's bound to happen. Breakfast, well, was breakfast. If you want to go to breakfast somewhere else and pay for eggs,sausage,English muffins, bacon,milk,juice etc have at it. I figured this buffet saved me at least 200 bucks with a family of my size. I can't really comment on a lot of nearby restaurants except for The Winds and Inlet View. Inlet View was awesome and The Winds left us disappointed

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Director of Marketing at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with other travelers. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your time at our resort.

We truly are a family resort and provide lots of activities for both kids and parents alike. Ocean Isle is truly a magical beach and The Winds is such a unique property here, we love to hear that much others love it as much as we do. George is one of the great facets of our resort, he is great with kids and truly enjoys their company while working. He goes out of his way to make sure all the kids are having fun at the pool and the children there love him.

We hope to have you and your family stay with us again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We decided to have a last minute vacation, and booked a 3 night stay. We picked this place mainly because of the reviews here, but we wish we had stayed somewhere else. The room was very small, and it looks like it has seen better days. The carpet was dirty, and our room was not vacuumed on the first day. The curtains for the door were dirty and very hard to open and close. In the bathroom, the toilet was loose and it would move when someone would sit. Also, you could see mold in the shower. The wicker head boards othe beds need replacing.

The complementary breakfast buffet was ok, but the breakfast area is very small. At the times we went to get breakfast, we couldn't get a place to sit. The pools are small, and of course they get crowded pretty quickly.

The staff was nice and courteous, but other than that, we were pretty unhappy with the accommodations.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We apologize that you did not find your room to be up to your standards, our housekeeping and maintenance staff work extremely hard to try to provide the cleanest possible accommodations.

We are constantly updating different elements of the resort, including bedding, headboards and plumbing, as they experience wear and tear during the seasons. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will be back to Ocean Isle Beach soon!

Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our second trip to the hotel was even better than our first, loved the room, the pools, the facilities, the tiki bar and the staff was wonderfull! On my list of greatest all round vacation spots in the area.
RGM
Fort Mill, SC

Room Tip: Upper Ocean Front......fabulous choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MarketingMan310, Marketing Director at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Roxy,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with other travelers. We are so glad that you came back for a second visit with us and we hope you come back for many more vacations! It’s so nice to hear that others find this place as special as we do.

We do hope to have you back to stay with us soon!

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

To be completely honest, my girlfriend and i booked this vacation at the last minute. We saw the ad for the winds and booked a cottage for a week without reading any reviews. It was on our drive down that I began reading reviews. Naturally, people are going to look at the bad reviews first. To say I was a liitle nervous would be an understatement. By the time we got to Ocean Isle, my girlfriend and I were of the mindset of "O.K. If this place is awful, we'll just stay one night and go to Myrtle Beach in the morning." Truthfully, I wasn't sure what to expect.
Once we got checked in, I was shocked at how spacious this cottage was. Even though we were in what is considered a "second row house", we were, literally, a two minute walk away from the beach. The cottage itself was very clean. Not to mention the fact that we had our own jacuzzi. We had expected my father and his wife to come to visit, as well as several of my friends. Unfortunately, my father and stepmother were the only ones that were able to make it. We had more than enough room to accomadate everyone that had planned to come. The kitchen was huge. The deck was very spacious. Plus there were two weddings, back to back, on the first two nights, so my girlfriend and i had some music to dance to.
The employees were so outgoing. The Thirsty Tiki was great (only a short walk from our cottage and an even shorter walk form the beach). Those grilled PB&J's really hit the spot after being in the ocean for a couple hours. We literally saw three palmetto bugs the whole time. All in all, it was a great trip. I guess the only complaint i have, if you could even call it a complaint, is the jacuzzi. It was just too hot to get in, but we didn't mind. As for the negative comments about this place, my review title says it all. If you are expecting a Walt Disney or Sheraton type resort, then this is not the place for you. It is not "over the top extravagence". It is, however, a very beautiful place to stay. The beach is just a short walk away (did I mention how UNCROWDED the beach was). Myrtle Beach and outlet shopping are about 40 minutes away. The island itself offers a decent variety of places to eat, however you are never too far away from the "all you can eat" seafood places. I would have to say that this was one of the best vacations, personally, that I have taken. Got my R&R and ready to go back and face the stresses of running my business with a different outlook on things. My girlfriend and I are already planning a trip back somtime in October or November. Thanks for the great time. You guys were awesome.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with other travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your trip to The Winds. Our resort cottages are a great way to have your family and friends close without being crowded. While Ocean Isle is a bit quieter than Myrtle Beach, it is nice to feel like you have the beach more to yourself. Again, thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to seeing you again in October!

Director Of Marketing

Been to The Winds Resort Beach Club? Share your experiences!