“Local.. Think you ate at a different restaurant than we did!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina, United States
“Local.. Think you ate at a different restaurant than we did!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited Pogies last night.(our second this week). Yes there were large groups there (it is vacation season) but we were seated, at our request, away from these groups. In spite of the VERY busy night, the entire staff was courteous, friendly and service was fabulous!! Our food came at the right time and was the best we've had during our week visit. We'd recommend this restaurant to anyone... Suggestion: Make reservations during vacation season

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great potential”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Pogies because we got a coupon when we checked into our beach house. We went in around 8 PM. Immediately upon walking in the door, we were greeted by the overwhelmingly obnoxious amount of noise coming from a very large group seated in the main dining area. We should've requested outdoors seating, then, but wanted to be in the air conditioning.

We were seated directly beside the large group. There were other families dining in the restaurant, but my back was to them all so I never got to gauge any of their reactions to the chaos that was taking place beside of us. The adults in the large group proceeded to (I'm supposing, drunkenly) yell out across the table at each other. One of the children in the group continuously screamed in a shrill tone, as the others ran circles around the table. At one point, one of the adult males made both my husband and I very uncomfortable with his behavior towards one of the female children. I won't go any further into that, but it was weird. Towards the end of our meal, a female waitress decided to stand on a chair and scream out "fun" comments to the people in the group. That only encouraged even more obnoxious screaming than before.

My husband and I could not hear each other speaking, whatsoever. It is my opinion that whenever there is a large, boisterous group, they should be seated in a private room or perhaps in the bar room. If the waitstaff wants to join in on the commotion, they also need to be in the bar/private room. It was ridiculous. The food was very tasty and the location is prime, but the causal attitude the restaurant had towards the mannerless group that was dining there really ruined the experience for us. When I go out to dinner, I would like to be able to converse with my husband and enjoy the scenery.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Rooftop great, food and drinks terrible, service mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Local. My one and only visit. Have a bottled beer; avoid at all costs drinks. Food is not good. At all. Beautiful space deserves better food and service. Years ago this place was Stars and was awesome. Still waiting for decent food. Don't bother eating here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fantastic View, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I ate here in late June. We sat at the bar on the roof. We enjoyed a few coldies and had an appetizer (grouper bites) which I thought were very good. The bartenders were great as were the drinks so we decided to stay for dinner. I had a shrimp po boy and my wife had a burger (I know not very beachy!) both were good, no complaints. The main draw to this place as others have mentioned is the view. It's one of the best I've seen at any restaurant, we got lucky and had an amazing sunset.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Beatiful View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant was within walking distance of our rental condo and had a beautiful rooftop view. The food was mediocre but the atmosphere made up for it. I would definitely give it another chance.

Visited June 2013