“Great hotel and great location right at the beach.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Islander Inn to your Saves list
Islander Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57 West First Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469   |
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel and great location right at the beach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I really liked the hotel. It was very clean and spacious. I had an ocean front room that looked out over the beach. The beds were very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly. Lots of stairs and elevator was a little far from our room. So walking up and down stairs was a little hard on my knees. So if you have any problem with stairs you will want to request a room close to elevator. Breakfast was a little disappointing. Overall great place to stay and close to the beach. Just a short walk from parking lot. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Our housekeeper's will be thrilled to hear you thought our rooms are extremely clean and our beds very comfortable. Great to hear you enjoyed the wonderful view of our beach.Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Islander Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Middletown, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

First impression was not encouraging. I had asked for a room on the 2nd floor, we got one on the 1st. I told the desk person my request and her answer was you must have booked on the internet, however as she looked further she saw the request, too bad no rooms, no offer of switching tomorrow. Room very dated, towels almost threadbare, faucet in sink only shut off if you fiddle with it, no stopper on the sink, cold water in the shower, didn't even want to touch bedspread, I think my point has been made. When I checked out I told the desk only about the faucet not shutting off and the stopper. Belligerently, he said why didn't you tell us, we'd send someone to fix it. First of all it needed a new faucet and second I said why hadn't your cleaning people informed you. If they had only been a bit caring it would have been much better. And they charge a $4 resort fee, not much, but why??
The beach was lovely and right there. The view from the room was good, would have been better if we had not been right above the pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you call and ask for 2 nd floor, apparently they do not honor requests from the web. Get a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are unhappy to hear that your experience not as enjoyable as you would have liked. In regards to some of the issues you had, We do try and put all our guests in the rooms that they want but as I'm sure you can appreciate we only have a limited amount of rooms and are very busy this time of the year. This past winter/spring we did a lot of upgrades to our rooms which included painting the rooms and also laying new carpet in some rooms and all the hallways, We also put all new on demand hot water heaters throughout our hotel this spring. We try and encourage our guests to come and tell us if there is any problem with their room so we can address the problem and fix it promptly. In regards to the person at the front desk being belligerent, mam I checked you out personally and was not I feel in any way belligerent towards you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle and the Islander Inn.
Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a great stay at the Islander Inn. The only complaint we have is a noisy door in the hallway during the night. We would go back again. It was a great location and there were a lot of good restaurants close by and the prices were right in line.

Room Tip: Get a Ocean front room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Great to hear you enjoyed the wonderful view of our beach and also enjoyed some of our local restaurants. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed here twice before. This has a great location which is the number one thing going for it. Room was ok but is getting dated. TV is old style, too small. Beds are not comfortable. Water in shower was cold. Hot tub was broken. The only thing that makes we want to go back is location and close to the beach

Room Tip: Sound side is not as good as oceanfront. They don't like to let you check in early.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We are unhappy to hear that your experience not as enjoyable as you would have liked. In regards to some of the issues you had, As soon as we found out about the hot tub being down we did call our pool man and he came and replaced the pump right away, only our ocean front rooms have the 42" wall mounted flat screen T.V's. We put all new on demand hot water heaters throughout our hotel this spring. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle and the Islander Inn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

You can't really go wrong here. After reading other reviews I wasn't expecting much, but I was by far impressed. The continental breakfast was great! The room was clean, and the staff was extremely friendly. Was not expecting indoor/outdoor pool, good plus!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We greatly value guests such as yourselves and are very grateful that you took the time to write a review. We are extremely pleased to hear you had a" Great 2 day Escape" at our wonderful Hotel and beach and that we were able to exceed your expectations. Your kind words about the Islander Inn are very much appreciated. We do look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!
Apex, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We just returned from a 2 night stay and were very pleased with the overall stay. The front office staff and housekeeping staff were extremely efficient, the room was not too small and was very clean. It had a great ocean view from the nice sized balcony. I wish it had double sinks in the bathroom but that is the only drawback. The room had a small fridge, wet bar, microwave and coffee maker. The indoor and outdoor pools are not huge but are big enough. We had a nice time in the hot tub, met some really nice people. The continental breakfast was good, waffles, bagels, sausage biscuits and yogurt and cereals if you are watching your waistline. They have a small poolside Tiki Bar which will be open every day after Memorial Day. We plan on returning again soon for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room on the second floor. If you ask for an ocean front room you could end up...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn including our continental breakfast and wonderful view. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
Saxapahaw, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I just got back from three nights at the Islander Inn, and I had a wonderful time. I had a sprained ankle and wanted to find a room where I could get out on the beach easily but also sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean. And that I could afford!
I had a ocean view queen on the top floor, and the view was great. I could see all the way up the beach and all the way down the beach, yet the balcony was private. I was a little worried because the aerial view showed a little parking area between the building and the beach, and that bothered me for about 10 minutes. It wasn't a perfect situation, but it didn't bother me that much.
The room was clean and nice. I had stayed at a Westin in Hilton Head once, and no, this was not as luxurious, but it had the superior view. At the Westin, I had a view of the fountain below my room and could not see the ocean because of all their palm trees. So I'd choose the Islander Inn over the Westin because I like to look at the beach and the ocean.
It was just glorious at dawn to be able to stumble half asleep out to the balcony and see the sun light everything up.
Because of my sprained ankle, I could walk up the steps, but walking down them hurt, so I used the elevator to go down, and it was clean and quick.
The free breakfast was inside next to the outdoor pool, and it had the standard microwavable foods including sausage biscuits, (not so good) oatmeal, peaches with a topping, as well as sweet rolls, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, orange juice, apples, bananas and yogurt. It also had a couple of waffle makers, and the waffles were pretty good.
The beach was quiet and wide and beautiful. There's a pier up the beach but it's not too close. All in all, I was happy as a clam and would recommend the Islander Inn for someone who wants a nice oceanfront room.
Oh, one more thing. I'm a female traveling alone, and I felt very safe inside and outside of my room at the Islander Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Great to hear you enjoyed the wonderful view of our beach.Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Islander Inn.

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!