My wife and I stayed her for the first time this fall and found the Islander Inn and the location to be very pleasant. The facility was clean and well maintained. The location is very nice and even though our visit was in the off-season, I doubt the beach gets very crowded even during the peak summer months due to mostly houses nearby the Inn.
The included continental breakfast was fair. There were a couple of waffle irons available with if you desired, with pre-measured batter to make it easy. Otherwise there were some Danish & similar items in packs you could open and warm in the microwave, cereal and the like. We opted to eat out most mornings – Big Nell’s Pit Stop is close by and has an excellent breakfast that is very reasonably priced.
One thing to be aware of is the way the units and the elevator are arranged. Each unit has two 2nd floor rooms and two 1st floor rooms, and I believe there are seven units. These are all connected with a breezeway between each unit on both floors with glass doors at the each end of the units (except those on the very ends). The only elevator is in the 2nd unit, therefore if you use the elevator and are in the 7th unit, you have to go through five other units (with 2 doors each) to get to your room – that’s 10 doors – if my math is correct. For us, this was no problem, however if someone in your party has difficulty walking this may be an issue. When we were leaving our room to go home, a lady was at the elevator with her dog and luggage on a cart headed to her room, so we helped her to go to the 7th unit from the elevator and that was a job! Then, she got to the room and realized her room was on the floor below, and had to either take her & her husband’s things down a flight of stairs OR go back through the 10 doors, down a floor, and back through 10 more doors with a luggage cart and dog. Not an ideal situation! But again, the wife and I had no problems with this.
Would we stay there again? Absolutely – and recommend it for others. We saw three weddings that Saturday on the beach, and they were beautiful also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach