We stayed at the Ocean Isle Inn from September 8-12 in room 6105. The room faced the ocean and the balcony area was so nice - also very clean (no bugs or dirt). We sat out there and enjoyed our view of the ocean. The room was a cool temperature, very clean, and suited our needs well while we were at the beach. We had our four year old son with us for our vacation. The room was cleaner that any other room that we have stayed in so I was totally amazed by that since I am an OCD neat freak. The cleaning staff was wonderful to us and we had to leave late a few mornings after they started cleaning the rooms but they were so nice and came back after we left. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the gazebo area over looking the ocean. The beach was lovely and almost empty we had no problem finding a nice spot to hang out for the day. The front desk staff was kind, professional, and responded quickly when I noticed some dripping from an upper floor in the pool area (drips from cleaning the balcony areas).
The bathroom door has some peeling paint at the bottom and some rusty looking spots but the room was nice otherwise although some of the furnishings were out of date and a little worn...I find this charming but some of the other posters did not like this but nothing was broken, wobbly, or had holes in it which is what mattered to me. The mattress/pillows were a bit uncomfortable but I am used to sleeping on a memory foam bed so I guess I am spoiled there. The bed was clean so I have no complaints. The other folks mentioned the air conditioner noise, yes it was noisy but it was white noise and helped us sleep better. We noticed that it drowned it some of the noise outside as well in the room when we went on the balcony one night to hear some loud guests outside so we found it helpful. The door to the balcony stuck a few times but that could have been me as my husband seemed to have no problem with it. We liked the shaded parking under the units and going up and down the stairs was good exercise.
The only thing that happened that made me uncomfortable was a suspicious guest following me around on the first day so I kept to the lighted areas and stayed close to my husband. Creeper came by the pool and stared at my son swimming for a while which made me uncomfortable but there was an emergency phone by the pool and it is close to the front office so I was not worried since he kept his distance. The outdoor pool was not lit up like the other areas at night but there was enough light from the surounding areas to make it easily visible. He eventually wondered off and we noticed him leaving the hotel. So the only suggestion I would have is maybe a roaming security guard and a few lights out by the pool? Other than that our stay was delightful and the creepy guest was not the hotel's fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach