“Nice and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2 nights for $99.
“Nice and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

First time stay at The Islander...check in was easy, staff was very nice. Our room was very clean. My only complaint about the room was the beds, the mattresses were way too soft. I did love having the coffee maker in the room. Balcony had a great view of the ocean. The continental breakfast was good, lots of options like waffles, sausage biscuits, apple crisp, oatmeal, yogurt, grits, juice, cereal, bagels, muffins....mostly microwaveable but fine. My favorite part was the tiki hut on the pool deck with 3$ beers and super yummy frozen drinks that you can charge to the room. Yay! We will absolutely be back again.

• Stayed May 2013
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself.We are very pleased to hear you really enjoyed our great "Tiki Bar".Also happy to hear you enjoyed the view from your balcony of our wonderful beach. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Simon Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Akron, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last week, and regretted having to head home. We will most definitely stay here again. Fantastic view and cozy rooms. Continental breakfast was only ok. Could offer something more or have multiple waffle irons. Over all was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to reserve a room with the ocean view. Simply breath taking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself.We take your observations seriously and have added an extra waffle maker to our breakfast room.We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the view fantastic view of our wonderful beach. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Belmont, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Islander Inn is on the beach. The staff was pleasant and our room had a nice view of the Atlantic Ocean. The complimentary breakfast was fairly good, although the choices were limited. They had a waffle maker with fresh batter so we could make our own hot waffles which were very good.

Although the room was clean, it was showing signs of wear. The paint had been touched up in about a dozen places with paint that did not match the original paint. The painting in the bathroom was rather sloppy, overlapping onto the tub. The mattresses were obviously old, as they were very soft and sagging in the middle. There were missing drain plugs in the two sinks. We had a nice outdoor balcony, however, the chairs were dirty and dusty. They did have a nice flat screen TV that looked fairly new.

Overall, I rate this hotel as somewhat below average.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
theIslanderInn, Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself.We are always happy to get feedback from guests like yourselves and will take your points very seriously.We have already purchased new furniture for the balconys.We are happy to hear that you did enjoy our wonderful waffles. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated.Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Rockwell, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is nice except they only have one elevator in 2nd building. Our room was in 5th building so we had to go through 3 buildings very inconvenient. Lots of walking at this motel. There during off season not alot going on seemed a little to quiet for my taste but overall a nice place. If i stay again will request 2nd building 2201 best room to ask for.

• Stayed May 2013
theIslanderInn, Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated.Next time you visit we will do our best to get you in 2201. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Charlotte NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

A friend and I stayed 3 nights and enjoyed it very much. Rates were good, front desk staff was helpful, breakfast was fine. My only complaint was with Housekeeping. There was only one hand towel when we checked in; when we hung towels up to be environmentally friendly, they replaced them; condiments were replaced rarely and cups not at all. Our last night there our bath mat had been removed and we ran out of toilet paper. Very comfortable beds and quality sheets, and good lighting. We loved sitting on our balcony with a magnificent view and sound of the ocean. There were nice outdoor sitting areas but it was too cool to enjoy them on this trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There are 7 buildings connected by open walkways. We were in bldg 6 but in future I would request a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
theIslanderInn, Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself.We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast.We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the view of our wonderfull beach from your balcony. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel for multiple room bookings. I had a block of rooms reserved for my daughter weeding. For 6 months we battled the front deck that advised our guest incorrectly and gave us inaccurate feedback. Furthermore, the confusion at the time of check-in of our guests had me spending more time in the lobby than with my family. We also had welcome gifts for our out of town guest that the hotel staff neglected to distribute properly. Lastly, I was overbilled for my stay and I’m still working on getting the charges reversed. Beautiful beach but find another place to stay.
Dennis Smith

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Islander Inn was great!
My mother and I wanted to meet the ocean and bring our dogs. What's the point in a vacation if your best friend is not welcome? We didn't want go anywhere that would be too busy or crowded so we could relax. Well, we loved staying at the Islander Inn for a week last August.
The room we used had a very large bathroom and a kitchenette area that was not in the way. The television was situated so it could be viewed from either the bed or the sofa. All the furniture was comfortable. The room was very clean and smelled nice. We had a view from the balcony I never want to forget.
The breakfast that was provided with the stay was delicious. I had fresh waffles and fruit everyday! There were also many, many other breakfast foods and beverages as well.
I was so happy there was a small laundry on site, because when I travel I pack very light. Our dogs were very comfortable there as well.
If the ocean waves get too rough for you, the pools are large enough to swim laps. There are two, one indoor and one out. Also, there are plenty of lounger chairs around the pool areas.There is also a large jacuzzi. I think my mother liked the jacuzzi the most.
All of the employees are very happy so they are nice and friendly. The cleaning staff was especially nice and helped me clean up a little accident my dog had after drinking some ocean water.
Only a few of the rooms are pet friendly, so people with sensitivities to animals need not worry as these rooms are at the far end of the hotel complex. All the parking is very close to the steps up to the buildings. We did not get wet while it was raining when leaving the truck from parking to go inside.
There is an elevator for guests who need it. That is located very close to the office, breakfast room and swimming pools.
We did wander to Myrtle Beach one day for dinner. It is a short drive. I was so glad we chose to stay on Ocean Isle.
Ocean Isle exceeded my expectations. It is so quiet and relaxed. There is no traffic at all. The local residents were very kind and liked to talk. The whole island made myself, my mother and our dogs feel very welcome. I don't think my dog quit smiling the whole stay.
The next time I visit the ocean I will book a stay again at the Islander Inn. Thanks for the memory of the best vacation of my life.

Room Tip: It is well worth a few extra dollars to book an ocean front room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
theIslanderInn, Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed "The Best Vacation Of Your Life" at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself.We are glad to be able to accomodate your Pet.We are also very happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast.We also hope that as you said you will never forget the great view of our beach from your balcony. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Simon Smith

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!