The Islander Inn was great!
My mother and I wanted to meet the ocean and bring our dogs. What's the point in a vacation if your best friend is not welcome? We didn't want go anywhere that would be too busy or crowded so we could relax. Well, we loved staying at the Islander Inn for a week last August.
The room we used had a very large bathroom and a kitchenette area that was not in the way. The television was situated so it could be viewed from either the bed or the sofa. All the furniture was comfortable. The room was very clean and smelled nice. We had a view from the balcony I never want to forget.
The breakfast that was provided with the stay was delicious. I had fresh waffles and fruit everyday! There were also many, many other breakfast foods and beverages as well.
I was so happy there was a small laundry on site, because when I travel I pack very light. Our dogs were very comfortable there as well.
If the ocean waves get too rough for you, the pools are large enough to swim laps. There are two, one indoor and one out. Also, there are plenty of lounger chairs around the pool areas.There is also a large jacuzzi. I think my mother liked the jacuzzi the most.
All of the employees are very happy so they are nice and friendly. The cleaning staff was especially nice and helped me clean up a little accident my dog had after drinking some ocean water.
Only a few of the rooms are pet friendly, so people with sensitivities to animals need not worry as these rooms are at the far end of the hotel complex. All the parking is very close to the steps up to the buildings. We did not get wet while it was raining when leaving the truck from parking to go inside.
There is an elevator for guests who need it. That is located very close to the office, breakfast room and swimming pools.
We did wander to Myrtle Beach one day for dinner. It is a short drive. I was so glad we chose to stay on Ocean Isle.
Ocean Isle exceeded my expectations. It is so quiet and relaxed. There is no traffic at all. The local residents were very kind and liked to talk. The whole island made myself, my mother and our dogs feel very welcome. I don't think my dog quit smiling the whole stay.
The next time I visit the ocean I will book a stay again at the Islander Inn. Thanks for the memory of the best vacation of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach