“Love the Islander Inn - Beach & Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

You added Islander Inn to your Saves list
Islander Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57 West First Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469   |
Concord, North Carolina
“Love the Islander Inn - Beach & Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this property many times and continue to go back a few times a year. Infact I am surprising my husband the weekend of March 29th for his 45th birthday at this hotel. The rates are so affordable and we can bring our dogs because they have a building set aside for guests with pets for a small/reasonable fee. If you love the beach, this place is perfect. The hotel units stretch out in a long row so you practically walk out of your room, over the sand dune and onto the on huge wide beaches. Did I mention they have 2 pools, (outside and indoor heated), a tiki bar serving drinks (not sure if that is full time or seasonal), free breakfast in the mornings, and free parking conveniently located under your unit. This hotel is all about the beach and southern love. I wouldn't recommend this for high maintenance people that need monogrammed towels and such because you won't find frilly, pompass here, just great people with great rates and a great beach. If you are a beach hound, (no pun intended to the dog lovers) this place is PERFECT!!!! And for those dog lovers, Ocean Isle beach is extremely dog friendly just like this hotel. THANK YOU ISLANDER INN for allowing our furry friends to accompany us. See you March 29th...again!!!

Room Tip: There is a lot of "non-beach" areas to walk your dogs right across from the hotel if you a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
March 22nd, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf.We are glad to hear you and your "Furry Friends" had such a good time.We were also happy to hear you enjoyed our pools. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Islander Inn is located right on the beach...who could ask for more? We booked a "sound side" room as being right on the beach in March wasn't a priority as we were there on business however, the "sound" was a bit of a misnomer! It was way across the road! The laundry facilities were out of order. Very inconvenient as we were there for an extended stay. The breakfast was adequate. Our room was a little tired. The carpet at the door threshold was ripped and was overall really worn looking. In their defense, I'm sure they are really busy during the "season". Overall it met our needs. We basically slept and showered there. We chose the Islander because they were dog friendly. A 60.00 one time fee.

Room Tip: A "sound side" room is basically looking at the road. Traffic/road noise was almost non-e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
march16th. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your words about our property and staff are very much appreciated.We are sorry in regards to laundry facilities not being in order we are working on that right now.Thank you for also mentioning that we are pet friendly. Again, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Got there early an they let us check in early.we were tired from driving.Room was clean beauiful view.The water pressure wasnt that great an u couldnt smoke on the balconey.but everything else made up for it!We love the area,will come back every year,makes myrtle beach look sad.

• Stayed March 2013
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
March 14th, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf.We are glad to hear that you "loved" the area. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had never been to Ocean Isle Beach, but when we found out about the Winter Sale (1 room 2 nights ocean front for $99) we couldn't resist, but we didn't expect a lot for as little as we paid. They blew our socks off! Everything was ready for us when we got there and we couldn't believe our luck when we saw the views we had of the ocean. Ocean Isle Beach is the prettiest beach visually I've seen on the NC coast. The room was clean, and the beds were to DIE for...extremely comfortable. I can't say enough good things about this place or the staff. From Tanya who made our reservations and went out of her way to help make sure we had a great mommy/daughter getaway to every staff person we encountered along the way, we could not have asked to be treated any better. This is not a new facility, but, whomever is running it has their eye on the ball big time and it could not have been more enjoyable. Thank you SO much and we will most definitely visit again when the weather is warmer. I'm sure the rates will be higher but it was a steal for us and well worth the price I'm sure. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Room Tip: elevators can be a bit noisy but for us were worth being close to ...upper floor views are the best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
March 5th, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that we managed to "Blow your Socks Off" and that you enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room was larger than expected. Very clean and comfortable. Nice to have a wet bar and a sink in the bathroom. Lovely view of the ocean. Nice continental breakfast. Great staff. Helen, Carla, and Tanya at the front desk were all very helpful as well as several of the housekeeping staff. Simon and Jason also answered our questions and helped with what we needed. Wish the rooms had patios doors so could see the ocean better. Right now there is a problem with the elevator making a screeching sound when closing, so ask if that has been fixed. If not, don't stay in building 2 on the upper floor. Will definitely go back and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Upper floor oceanfront rooms the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
March 3rd
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
In regards to the elevator door the problem has been addressed.
Morganton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family and I travel quite a bit, and we were quite taken back by the professionalism we experienced by the hotel staff. Everyone was so very professional and personable. The rooms were quite exquisite, not to mention the amount of space that our room had. The jacuzzi and the heated pool were awesome. The Inn was quite close to resteraunts and other entertainment. The view from our balcony was breathtaking. I would definitely recommend this place to all of my family and friends. This place is definitely heaven on earth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
March 3rd.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to stay at this property after reading all of these rave reviews...
I truly depend on them being a weekly business traveler. When I arrived at the Inn it was a ghost town, I know it is off season but I still expected a few more people to be there since it was a weekend. The gal that checked me in was nice- I asked if there was food or water available on property and she pointed me to a vending machine. :)
I went to my room- and immediately when I opened the door it smelled. As I walked around to investigate "the great room" as stated in the below reviews I was stunned.
DIRTY.
The carpet was gross, the bathroom was just foul, no water pressure, no conditioner for your hair, it smelled like urine and to top it off the towels looked like the old rags I would use to dry my car off after washing it. Brown, with stains and very very old and thin.
The door to the balcony didn't lock, the curtains above the air conditioning unit didn't close ( I had to use bobby pins to keep them closed AND keep them from blowing all over from the air conditioner).
The top bed sheet was so old it was almost see through.
Then the kicker-- on the sheet that provides you with all the hotel information it states:
'Though the office doors are locked from 11pm-7am, an attendant can be reached by dialing the front desk.'
Well, after not sleeping all night due to weird noises and feeling like bugs were crawling on me I started calling the front desk at 5:45am because I wanted to complain and check out early...
No answer.. Again 10 mins later... No answer... I called every 10 minutes until 7am, and finally went over to the office at 7:05 on my way out of that place and there was a guy at the desk- I told him I had been calling for over an HOUR and he said 'yeah, I just got here'..... Huh!?!?!?
So there was NO ONE there all night???? What if there was an emergency!?!?! A Fire??? A burglar??
I told him I wanted to check out early (I was furious knowing MY safety was at risk all night among all the other crap I dealt with) he refused to credit me for checking out a day early. "Company policy".
Enough said.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
March 6th.
Please allow me to begin by extending my most sincere apology for the disappointment you seemed to have experienced during your stay with us. As you have noted in your review the Island during the winter months is a completely different experience than in the summer months. Whereas some enjoy the feeling of having the entire Island to themselves during the off-season, others prefer the more intense activity that the summer season provides. Many take advantage of the winter months because they enjoy the incredible value of off season rates which often drop up to 75%. We are pleased that you described your experience with our staff as pleasant as we pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service to our guests. It is true that we do not have a restaurant on site but do offer a complimentary breakfast with a variety of items to choose from. We appreciate your feedback regarding the room and are investigating your report of less than satisfactory room conditions. We regret that we did not have the opportunity to remedy the situation during your stay. Our staffs are always happy to assist guests in finding a room in which they are more comfortable. We would have also been delighted to bring you a different set of bed linens or towels. Moreover, our full-time maintenance staff is prompt to make repairs if reported. Sometimes the hardware of the drapes pulling mechanism needs a simple adjustment when they do not close fully. It is true that during the winter months we close the office from 12:30 am until 7am and are sorry that you felt unsafe during this period of time. We have telephones in every room and there is an emergency contact number posted. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comments regarding your stay. It is only with the feedback of valued customers such as yourself that we can grow. If you decide to travel back to Ocean Isle Beach, we do hope you would consider giving the Islander Inn a second chance.

Regards Simon Smith.
Manager Islander Inn.

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!