“Great time at the Islander Inn” 5 of 5 stars

You added Islander Inn to your Saves list
Islander Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   57 West First Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469   |
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great time at the Islander Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room was larger than expected. Very clean and comfortable. Nice to have a wet bar and a sink in the bathroom. Lovely view of the ocean. Nice continental breakfast. Great staff. Helen, Carla, and Tanya at the front desk were all very helpful as well as several of the housekeeping staff. Simon and Jason also answered our questions and helped with what we needed. Wish the rooms had patios doors so could see the ocean better. Right now there is a problem with the elevator making a screeching sound when closing, so ask if that has been fixed. If not, don't stay in building 2 on the upper floor. Will definitely go back and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Upper floor oceanfront rooms the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
March 3rd
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
In regards to the elevator door the problem has been addressed.
Simon Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Morganton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family and I travel quite a bit, and we were quite taken back by the professionalism we experienced by the hotel staff. Everyone was so very professional and personable. The rooms were quite exquisite, not to mention the amount of space that our room had. The jacuzzi and the heated pool were awesome. The Inn was quite close to resteraunts and other entertainment. The view from our balcony was breathtaking. I would definitely recommend this place to all of my family and friends. This place is definitely heaven on earth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
March 3rd.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to stay at this property after reading all of these rave reviews...
I truly depend on them being a weekly business traveler. When I arrived at the Inn it was a ghost town, I know it is off season but I still expected a few more people to be there since it was a weekend. The gal that checked me in was nice- I asked if there was food or water available on property and she pointed me to a vending machine. :)
I went to my room- and immediately when I opened the door it smelled. As I walked around to investigate "the great room" as stated in the below reviews I was stunned.
DIRTY.
The carpet was gross, the bathroom was just foul, no water pressure, no conditioner for your hair, it smelled like urine and to top it off the towels looked like the old rags I would use to dry my car off after washing it. Brown, with stains and very very old and thin.
The door to the balcony didn't lock, the curtains above the air conditioning unit didn't close ( I had to use bobby pins to keep them closed AND keep them from blowing all over from the air conditioner).
The top bed sheet was so old it was almost see through.
Then the kicker-- on the sheet that provides you with all the hotel information it states:
'Though the office doors are locked from 11pm-7am, an attendant can be reached by dialing the front desk.'
Well, after not sleeping all night due to weird noises and feeling like bugs were crawling on me I started calling the front desk at 5:45am because I wanted to complain and check out early...
No answer.. Again 10 mins later... No answer... I called every 10 minutes until 7am, and finally went over to the office at 7:05 on my way out of that place and there was a guy at the desk- I told him I had been calling for over an HOUR and he said 'yeah, I just got here'..... Huh!?!?!?
So there was NO ONE there all night???? What if there was an emergency!?!?! A Fire??? A burglar??
I told him I wanted to check out early (I was furious knowing MY safety was at risk all night among all the other crap I dealt with) he refused to credit me for checking out a day early. "Company policy".
Enough said.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
March 6th.
Please allow me to begin by extending my most sincere apology for the disappointment you seemed to have experienced during your stay with us. As you have noted in your review the Island during the winter months is a completely different experience than in the summer months. Whereas some enjoy the feeling of having the entire Island to themselves during the off-season, others prefer the more intense activity that the summer season provides. Many take advantage of the winter months because they enjoy the incredible value of off season rates which often drop up to 75%. We are pleased that you described your experience with our staff as pleasant as we pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service to our guests. It is true that we do not have a restaurant on site but do offer a complimentary breakfast with a variety of items to choose from. We appreciate your feedback regarding the room and are investigating your report of less than satisfactory room conditions. We regret that we did not have the opportunity to remedy the situation during your stay. Our staffs are always happy to assist guests in finding a room in which they are more comfortable. We would have also been delighted to bring you a different set of bed linens or towels. Moreover, our full-time maintenance staff is prompt to make repairs if reported. Sometimes the hardware of the drapes pulling mechanism needs a simple adjustment when they do not close fully. It is true that during the winter months we close the office from 12:30 am until 7am and are sorry that you felt unsafe during this period of time. We have telephones in every room and there is an emergency contact number posted. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with comments regarding your stay. It is only with the feedback of valued customers such as yourself that we can grow. If you decide to travel back to Ocean Isle Beach, we do hope you would consider giving the Islander Inn a second chance.

Regards Simon Smith.
Manager Islander Inn.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been going to Ocean Isle Beach for over 30 years, and stayed at various places on the island, and the Islander Inn is by far the best hotel I have stayed at. The staff of very friendly, the rooms are nice and tidy, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I will definately stay here again and would recommend it to everyone, especially my friends that like to travel with their pets. It was the most relaxing and best vacation I have had in a long time.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the way to go!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your vacation time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value repeat customers such as yourself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated.
We are glad to be able to accomadate your friends with their pets. Again, we look forward to seeing you at our hotel on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
Goldsboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have been staying at the Islander Inn off and on for a number of years and have always been very well taken care of. Our visits have always been relaxing and supported by a very attentive staff. The Continental breakfast they provide is the best we have enjoyed along the east coast. What is of most importance is that they remember if you have stayed with them before, so when you call for a reservation they do not waste your time with a lot of unnecessary questions to confirm your reservation. Their website and e-mail let you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. In addition they are willing to accommodate large groups of which we have had (bringing All Star baseball teams) to their hotel and accommodating groups of teenage boys and girls who may be a bit loud on occassion. If additional assistane is needed to get to and set up on the beach their staff is willing to work with you. As a disabled vet I am glad to have their facility available to me and my family and their prices are more than competitive. I and my family had many enjoyable stays there and plan on many more.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 1100 or 1200 suites facing the ocean offer the best views and at times you can even see...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value repeat customers such as yourself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach.
WIlson NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I prefer going to the beach in the winter, when it is much less populated, so we booked an online special. We were impressed by almost everything at the hotel. Very nice, very clean, updated, even on the ocean! The beds were nice and new, just a little soft for our liking, but we were just fine. I will say the indoor pool not being heated was a disappointment, but I suspected that when it only said "indoor pool" on the website. They did have a heated jacuzzi. Ocean Isle is such a sweet little town, yet close enough to the chaos of Myrtle Beach if that's what you want to spend your day doing.The staff here was helpful and outgoing. The breakfast was better than just continental, yet not a full scope breakfast. We will definitely be visiting them again!

Room Tip: Top floor, oceanfront if you can stand the steps. If not, request a building near the elevator!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
In regards to the indoor pool we have ordered a new heater and it will installed this week.
Tega Cay, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I love this place. It's a great place for us to getaway for the weekend. This is our 2nd time staying here and we will definitely be back. The employees are all super friendly, rooms are very clean, and it's so relaxing. It would also be a great place to bring the kids. Ocean Isle is such a beautiful beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value repeat customers such as yourself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Simon Smith

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!