I was excited to stay at this property after reading all of these rave reviews...
I truly depend on them being a weekly business traveler. When I arrived at the Inn it was a ghost town, I know it is off season but I still expected a few more people to be there since it was a weekend. The gal that checked me in was nice- I asked if there was food or water available on property and she pointed me to a vending machine. :)
I went to my room- and immediately when I opened the door it smelled. As I walked around to investigate "the great room" as stated in the below reviews I was stunned.
The carpet was gross, the bathroom was just foul, no water pressure, no conditioner for your hair, it smelled like urine and to top it off the towels looked like the old rags I would use to dry my car off after washing it. Brown, with stains and very very old and thin.
The door to the balcony didn't lock, the curtains above the air conditioning unit didn't close ( I had to use bobby pins to keep them closed AND keep them from blowing all over from the air conditioner).
The top bed sheet was so old it was almost see through.
Then the kicker-- on the sheet that provides you with all the hotel information it states:
'Though the office doors are locked from 11pm-7am, an attendant can be reached by dialing the front desk.'
Well, after not sleeping all night due to weird noises and feeling like bugs were crawling on me I started calling the front desk at 5:45am because I wanted to complain and check out early...
No answer.. Again 10 mins later... No answer... I called every 10 minutes until 7am, and finally went over to the office at 7:05 on my way out of that place and there was a guy at the desk- I told him I had been calling for over an HOUR and he said 'yeah, I just got here'..... Huh!?!?!?
So there was NO ONE there all night???? What if there was an emergency!?!?! A Fire??? A burglar??
I told him I wanted to check out early (I was furious knowing MY safety was at risk all night among all the other crap I dealt with) he refused to credit me for checking out a day early. "Company policy".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach