We took our 3 dogs to this property for a quick weekend anniversary get away. When I tried to book online, it said they were sold out but I emailed the property and Carla helped manage to get me in. She was most helpful and it was super easy to reserve, check in and check out. No long waits and we got early check in on Friday with no problem. The best part is that they are very pet friendly. They do it right here...all pets stay in building 7 and that is really great organization. The other tenants had their dogs so the occassional barking wasn't a problem. I must say that I am a clean freak and normally wont take my flip flops off in hotel rooms but here it was so clean I didn't mind. There wasn't one hair to be found in the bathroom :) (my pet peeve) If you are someone who needs elaborate furnishings in a room this place is not for you so go stay at a ritz carlton if thats what you seek (no offense). The Islander has a fridge, wetbar, and a microwave which is all we needed. Again the room was no thrills but was super clean but the rate reflects that. I thought this was a super value for the amenities the hotel provided. Every morning there is a breakfast you can help yourself too. Fresh fruit, waffles, biscuits, juice, danish, etc. Indoor pool/hot tub and an outdoor pool. The beach location IS PERFECT. The beaches here are super clean and wide. It was jellyfish season when we visited and there were a few ones around but nothing like myrtle beach thank goodness. If you like to collect shells, this place is for you. Hundreds of intact shells laying around everywhere. We will definitly be back to this perfectly located and pet friendly hotel. It was a great stay! (Only drawback is it tended to be a little noisy late friday night when the late comers were arriving at midnight. But if that is my only complaint...geeze Im good to go)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach