“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tiny but great value in food for breakfast. I have not been there for lunch... Go about once per month with a few neighbors... Tables small and space limited.

Visited October 2012

Shallotte, North Carolina
“A personal favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We've been going to Sarah's since we moved down here and it's the greatest little place. The food is cooked to order, always arrives hot and the waitresses are always nice. I love to try different things, but the breakfast burrito and the ham and cheese omelet are a couple of my favorites. They are quick to refill your beverages and they are just a genuinely good people. We usually go when they first open to beat the crowds, but don't mind if we have to wait a little bit. Lunch is equally as good with great burgers, fries and sandwiches. They run different specials so make sure to check out the board when you come in. A great little spot!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Penn Run
“Hole in the Wall Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a difficult time finding Sarah's and had to ask someone at a yard sale. But what a find. It is located in a strip-mall off of the main highway. There are several outdoor bistro tables and maybe a dozen inside. When we arrived for breakfast the place was hopping. Many of the patrons were regualr customers. We waited only a few minutes and enjoyed watching the activity inside the tiny eatery. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The menu is simple and inexpensive. Along with the regular menu, there is a board on the wall listing daily specials for breakfast and lunch. I'm a real pancake lover and was disappointed to see that the largest order of pancakes was only a stack of two. When I placed my order, the waitress told me that they were large and that I should only order one. NO WAY, two is what I wanted. A bit later I saw what I thought to be a large pie sitting on the counter along with a PLATTER of scrambled eggs. Of course, I assumed it was for the family of six that had pushed two tables together. WRONG. They were my pancakes and my husband's "kitchen sink" order. After struggling through half of the pancakes, I gave the waitress a look of defeat. Always take the advice of the waitstaff!! That was our last day at Ocean Isle, so we weren't able to experience the lunch delights, but will on our next trip. If you like reasonably priced, home cooked food, and like shabby-chic decor, go to Sarah's, but make sure you're hungry!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great Breakfast in Sunset Beach, NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

This little cafe is tucked away in an empty shopping center behind a Hardees in Sunset Beach. They have daily lunch and breakfast specials on a whiteboard and a straightforward menu to order from. We stopped here for breakfast after an early morning on the beach. The service was very friendly and the food was very good. I had the Country Fried Steak with two eggs, homestyle potatoes and toast. The portion was just right and the food was very tasty. We'll be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Van Lear, Kentucky
“great lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

i was wanting a chicken salad sandwich and my husband wanted burger and fries--daughter wanted a club sandwich. we drove around and happened to find sarahs kitchen and we found what we wanted and were all very satisfied. Food was great, prices reasonable and we couldn't have asked for better service. Waitress was very friendly--will go back again when back in the area.

• Visited July 2012