“Why have we not done this every year?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in surf camp, surf lessons and standup paddle lessons. Our instructors are first aid and CPR-certified and have been watermen/women of their own for years. Our staff is trained professionally and all adhere to a standard set of rules, morals and guidelines. We are practitioners of clean beaches to keep our main attraction looking as it did before we got here. The experience of surfing goes far beyond the act of surfing itself. We know the link between the surfer and instructor is very important. With this being said, each employee is maintained through our elite curation process. They have been hand-picked by the founders of Carolina School of Surf to represent the brand.
“Why have we not done this every year?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

They were great! My daughter didn't want to leave and wanted to buy a board as soon as we left. We will do this every year! Lee was super!

Visited June 2014

Calabash, North Carolina
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Living on the coast, my son has always had an interest in surfing but I was skeptical about letting him take place in lessons because I thought we might fall into the "tourist trap" and pay too much for summer lessons. But I agreed and my wife decided to go with these guys. It could not have been a better choice! My son is 7 and absolutely could not wait each morning to attend camp! He even talked about the camp more than his first few days of football. He now wants his own surfboard to show all of our family exactly what he has learned in the few days of the camp!

Ben and Mike and the whole crew provided a fun environment that teaches the kids water safety and surfing tied into one fun experience. Each instructor does not seem bothered by any extra attention they may need to give a student and they all are very enthusiastic when their "pupil" rides that first wave to shore and even wipes out hard but keeps on coming back for more. These guys have provided my son an experience that he will not forget. They even take the time to speak to all of the adults and find out a little about themselves so they make the whole experience personal. And for all of you adults out there maybe wanting to give it a try, they are even as enthusiastic when you catch your wave as they are with the kids.

Thanks for a non-regretful decision! Highly recommend for anyone!

Thomasville, North Carolina
“Great start to surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our daughter LOVED surf camp! She is seven years old, and didn't get tired or bored... she would wake up each morning begging us to get her out to the camp! She was up on the board the first day (although still with a lot of wipe-outs!) By the end of the week, she was paddling out by herself and surfing all the way in to the beach! Jackson was a wonderful counselor, and our daughter made quick friends with lots of other surfers-in-training. Of course, now she wants her own surfboard! :) But one thing we are sure of - We will be back! Thanks guys!
You can check out the video we made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuY1A71bkV0

Raleigh
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was recommend to Carolina Surf school thru a friend for my 2 Children ages 13 & 8. From the time I called, the professionalism on the phone was a great impression from the get go! Ben & Michael were both extremely attentive & very prompt on answering questions & getting us in on last minute lessons! I can also not say enough kind words about my kids instructor Cory! He was so patient & amazing with both of my beginner children that they wanted to go back the very next day! They are still begging me to go back to OIB to surf with him! I would highly recommend all of these guys to anyone who wants to learn how to surf!!! We hope to come back soon!!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Hang Ten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm a Bucket List kind of girl. I've wanted to try surfing my whole life and so last year I signed up for a lesson. I'm a personal trainer and got injured right before our trip down to the beach. I was disappointed, but, Ben and Michael assured me that they would still be around for me to give it a go the following year. Fast forward to last week...I signed up for a two hour lesson and was, in a word, stoked. I was a little apprehensive as I am 41, no spring chicken. Again, the boys gave me the encouragement I needed by telling me they had a 70 year old man in the water the previous week.

Monday morning finally came and it was time...That's when I met Cory... I'm pretty sure he was sent from the surfing gods as he was the most motivating, patient guy on the water that day. (And for several days to follow...) I had an amazing time... The surf was bad on Monday so he offered to split up my lesson. The next day I surfed for an hour. I fell only once. I felt like a true surfer that day, a feeling I've wanted for a very long time. I can't thank everyone at Carolina School of Surf enough for a truly life changing experience. I'm hooked...I'll be back next year!

Visited July 2013