“Wine and art” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Silver Coast Winery is a family owned and operated winery that produces International Award Winning Wines from Chardonnay to White Merlot and Cabernet. Have a wine tasting and browse our art gallery and gift shop. Enjoy a glass of wine while rocking the day away in the rocking chairs on the front porch. Silver Coast offers tours and tastings daily. Come learn about the winemaking process!
Holden Beach, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“Wine and art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Not only interesting and good wine, you will find local artists showing their art. Staff is always friendly here too. And they have a location in Southport which is fun and different, worth to visit both.

Visited October 2013

Burtonsville, Maryland
49 attraction reviews
“Great variety of wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped here on Sunday our way from Myrtle Beach to Southport. Al was very informative! He did a nice job of explaining their different wines! They have a nice variety of both white and red wines. They have win several awards for their wines. For $6 for 5 tastings and a souvenir glass. I have read that they do weddings there. I think it would also be a great place for a small party as they have lots of rooms off the main tasting room and store area. We got a few bottles to take home and enjoy!

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Wines are one of our great loves.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I love good wines of many different kinds and usually like somewhere between dry and semi-sweet. The wines here are all oak-aged wines that make the flavor much stronger than we were used to. After trying three or four, the gentleman suggested that we go back to "boxed wine" that we might enjoy more and walked away. I do hope that not everyone has the same experience here.

Visited November 2012
traveler0418, Director of Sales at Silver Coast Winery, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hi Jana,

Thank you for coming to Silver Coast Winery for a wine tasting. I am sorry that your experience wasn't what you were expecting. As you know, not all wines are to everyone's taste. We have several oaked whites and reds but, I am sorry that you didn't get a chance to taste our Calabash White, an unoaked Chardonnay blend; North Carolina Chardonnay, an unoaked Chardonnay with hints of granny smith apple; or our Seyval Blanc, my personal favorite, that is reminiscent of a Riesling - semisweet with hints of citrus fruit.

I hope that the interaction with our staff member was a misunderstanding, however I would like to let you know that I will be investigating to make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else. Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at silvercoastwine@gmail.com the next time you are in the area as I would like to be able to personally make sure your next experience is the kind that we pride ourselves in at Silver Coast Winery.

Cheers,

Rebecca
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
44 attraction reviews
“Small Winery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We read an article about the Winery and decided to stop in for a visit. It is very small and their grapes are brought in from Virginia, Georgia and other parts of North Carolina. They have won many awards for their wines. I imagine it is very popular with the folks in the area as they have a large gathering room for various activities. They have a small gift shop and 2 tasting areas. The testing (5 wines) and small tour cost $6 per person and we got to keep the glass. That was very reasonable and we are glad we went even though the wines were not to our tastes. Nevertheless, we did by a bottle as it is my habit to always take one home from each winery/vineyard.

Visited September 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Soooo Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been here twice with friends and its such a nice place to relax and enjoy an afternoon. The wine tasting is good to find out what you like, but if you know its better to just buy by the glass and bring a picnic lunch. They also have a nice little art gallery and room for banquets.
Nothing too fancy, but nice & chill.

Visited April 2013