“A nice place to eat, watch the ocean and relax with kids!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar on Ocean Isle proudly provides oceanfront dining at its finest. The Isles has one of the best menus on the beach with something for every craving. Our food is always prepared with the freshest regional ingredients. From private romantic dinners and family gatherings to banquets, wedding receptions, and corporate events, the serene oceanfront atmosphere of The Isles Restaurant comfortably provides the perfect ambiance for all of your dining needs.
NC
“A nice place to eat, watch the ocean and relax with kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just had dinner at the Isles tonight. We arrived at 5:15 since we have 2 little ones and asked to be seated outside. There were several other groups outside, but the inside was pretty empty so we probably could have sat inside too with no problem. Our waitress was friendly and accommodated several special requests due to some food allergies. As we waited for our food we watched the ocen- it is directly oceanfront with only the pool and sand dunes in between the deck and the water. Our appetizer (calamari) and drinks arrived quickly. The calamari were tender with kind of a spicy, Asian flair- different and good! I ordered the fish sandwich (Mahi) from the lunch menu and my husband got the Islander salad with Blackened Tuna. The fish was very fresh and the salad was huge with lots of veggies, etc. Our oldest ordered chicken fingers ( pretty standard) but it was nice that she had a choice of fruit instead of fries. Overall it was a nice evening!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MarnieWilliamson, General Manager at The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We do appreciate you taking the time to write a review and share your experiences with others. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and do hope that you will visit us again sometime. Again, thank you so much for your feedback!
Warmest Regards,

76% Recommend
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A wedding we will never forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding at the Isles on 4/27/13, and it was amazing! Marnie helped me with the planning from day one, and was standing by as I walked down the pool deck on my wedding day. I wanted to do my own decorating, and her staff was ready to go Saturday morning, with all hands on deck- moving stuff, offering advice, and most importantly putting me at ease. All the things I had worried about as a bride, were not even a thought in my mind that weekend- because it was already taken care of... every detail! Even before I walked down the pool deck- I panicked as my earring back fell off- the manager rushed to get me an eraser top to fix it. The food, the service, the views, and most importantly the memories were spectacular! I highly recommend the Isles for a wedding, special party or just dinner- it is awesome!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff. We are truly honored that we had the privilege to work with you and your family on your wedding day. It has truly been our pleasure and we wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Second Son, Second Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I wrote a review in October 2011 of the Isles after our first son got married, since we held the rehearsal dinner there. Our entire experience then was stellar, as I said in the title of my review.

Our second son was married in April of 2013. I had no question whatsoever that we would host the rehearsal dinner at the Isles again.

Circumstances were a bit different this time around, since we were having a plated dinner instead of a buffet line. We also had rainy weather, so we were unable to make use of my favorite part of the Isles......the Tiki Bar......and the proximity and flow of the dining room to the outside bar, with that fabulous view and roar of the ocean right there. However....and this is why I would recommend the Isles for any event.....Marnie and her staff rearranged everything, and treated my guests to almost the entire restaurant. Our appetizers (the hot crab dip and the bruschetta - always a hit) were set up in the inside bar, so our guests were able to have the private "cocktail hour" there, with room to mingle, or places to sit and enjoy the appetizers.

I could comment on the food.....it was excellent and our guests agreed.....but most importantly I would like to note the other reasons this venue is unmatched in the area for events such as ours.

Marnie worked with me on several important details....she personally met me there (the restaurant was still closed for the season, except for weekends) to make sure my all-imortant surprise slideshow would work. (And it turned out just wonderful, by the way). She personally offered to do my table decorations with the hydrangeas I had ordered, taking a huge burden off of my shoulders on a very busy day, for the mother of the groom. They allowed me to provide the dessert for the evening....Key Lime Pie stacked "Wedding Cake" style....and stored it for me in their walk-in refrigerator. But most of all, Marnie was patient with all of my phone-calls, questions, and emails leading up to the event.

The staff was also friendly and eager to please. One example was when all of the wedding party arrived from the rehearsal, the bar got "backed-up" with all of those young folks (and some of us old folks) ready for a beer or a glass of wine.....I quietly suggested to one of the servers that we needed more bar tenders, and within seconds there were three additional staff behind the bar. I had suggested I would cut the pie and serve it, but when it was time to serve, a couple of the staff pitched in without asking and helped pass the dessert around.

There will be no more rehearsal dinners for me, but take it from an experienced MOG........The Isles is still a STELLAR place for a rehearsal dinner!

Beth Owens
Ocean Isle and Wake Forest, NC

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff. We are truly honored that we had the opportunity to work with you and your family on two very special occasions. It has truly been our pleasure and we are grateful for your patronage!
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Ocean Isle has very average food really.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Service was super slow, food was cold, not that great this time at all. The bar is fine though! Batr keeps are spot on and mix well. I live here so i have been a number of times,. try sharkeys instead or Causeway Gormet They are better.

Visited November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our oceanfront Tiki Bar but are disappointed to hear that the food temperature and timeliness of service was not to your liking. I do regret not being able to have corrected the situation during your time with us. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future. Again, we appreciate bringing this to our attention as it is only with feedback such as yours that we can grow.
Warmest Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Rehearsal dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My son was getting married on the island and we needed a nice venue for the rehearsal dinner. We definitely made the right choice. The food was out of this world and the staff was just the same.
We could not have asked for a better experience and still are getting compliments about our choice.
Highly recommend!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff. We are very glad that we had the opportunity to work with you and your family. It has truly been our pleasure!