“An Itanlian Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Pizza
“An Itanlian Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Elizabeths pizza in Oak Ridge is a fantastic restrauant. I love all of the location ( battleground,kernersville,guilford college, etc). I strongly recommend getting the pizza (of coarse:) ) but also, Elizabeths has great subs, hot or cold. And amazing salads. Personally, I love the bread and olive oil... It will blow your mind how flavorful it is.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“GREAT WARMTH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Owner treats you like royalty. Great family or date restaurant.

Visited February 2012
gso
“'Joisey' style pizza, down south, y'all...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I am of WASP heritage, born and raised in Newark, NJ. Due to my appetite for something other than my mom's rather bland midwestern influenced cooking, I grew up the favorite dinner guest of every Italian family in my neighborhood. Kitchens where tomato sauce is referred to as "gravy." Where large pots simmered on the stove from dawn to dusk, perfuming the air with a delicious fragrance, awaitng poppa's return from a hard days work. Great Italian restaurants were on virtually every street corner, owned and operated by families from the neighborhood. I learned the secrets of Italian cooking at the elbows of my friend's moms, eager to divine the mystery of why they always tasted so good (sorry, mom =). Work and career necessitated a move south in my early 20's. When I could find a source of "eyetalian" food, it was generally sorely lacking in what I had to come to know and love. Then, I discovered, Elizabeth's. Hearing Italian spoken by the folks preparing the food was the first clue I may be in for a treat. Over the years I have dined at any number of Elizabeth's locations in the Piedmont, and even happened across a coastal location on one of my frequent trips to Wilmington, NC. Regardless which location I choose, the food and service is consistenly good, more than meeting my high expectations. No, its not like mama used to make, thank goodnesss (sorry again, mom, that canned Chef Boy R Dee ravioli just didn't cut it =). The restaurants have gone a little upscale the last few years, accompanied by a not unexpected upward price creep, but Elizabeth's still offers excellent "eyetalian" food at popular prices. You won't find better, more authentic "Joisey" style pizza, anywhere...

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Tasteless food and service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

In the past I remember Elizabeth's Pizza having good food, well at least the pizza. However the past two times I have gone either to dine in or take out the food was bland, nothing Italian about it at all, the service was poor, and when I called to complain about the crap meal I just ate, all I get is a really dumb girl answering the phone telling me she is the manager and when she heard my complaint she had no idea what I was talking about and handed the phone to the real manager. After repeating the complaint all he did was take down my name and offered us a discount on our next purchase... As if he honestly expected me to come back to enjoy the so called "Italian cuisine". I would recommend going out and buying $32 worth of some Mickey D's before ever even considering spending your well earned money in this crap hole of a restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
“Lousy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I won't eat in. The food and service are bad. I may order a pizza out, however this is not always a pleasant experience. I applaud those that do eat here and enjoy it.

• Visited April 2011