“Great food on the Water!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food on the Water!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was obvious the food was fresh and delicious at that! We all enjoyed the view of the ocean. Our service was right there whenever we needed anything. She was pleasant, professional, and friendly. The food may be a little more pricey, but well worth it. A definate upscale flare!!

Visited July 2013

Christiansburg, Virginia, United States
“so so food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

VERY limited menu, waiters/waitresses seemed frenzied. Not worth the $$. Fish tacos very spicy but fish had no flavor. Recommended by waiter as the best dish...NOT.

Visited July 2013
“Very Good Food and a terrific ocean view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited The Flying Fish Café for the first time recently. I had read the mixed reviews and almost didn't go, but I am glad we did. I love good Tuna and, though I thought the sesame seeds were a little overdone (as in too much, not as in cooked to long), I was not disappointed... at least not until I tried my wife's fish tacos and found out how good they were! Don't go expecting plush atmosphere (the restaurant is on the end of the pier... a real working fishing pier, after all), but it was very clean and the service was more than adequate. The desserts were expensive. The cheesecake (creamsicle) was good, but nothing to write home about. My daughter (9) said the chocolate cake was 'to die for' and my wife confirmed it was good, but, frankly, $8 for a piece of cake made me want to die. The brightest spot in the whole meal was my daughter's "fish sticks". They were really hand-cut strips of fresh fish, lightly battered and fried and really, really good (she let me try one). In all, I'm glad we went and would definitely go back... I just won't get dessert next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Ohio
“Great Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Checked this place out after reading the reviews online. Jalapeño/crab/avocado salad is amazing. Salmon is fantastic! Not much of a kids menu and nothing special about the service. Skip the salads. But unlike other reviewers, we found the prices to be reasonable. And the alcohol prices were very reasonable. Definitely worth the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Do not eat here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very poor flavor combos on menu. Overpriced in every way. The salad dressings were just feta cheese and yogurt ran through a blender. Small portions and a 20 per person for lunch price tag put this place not even on my list of choices for Oak Island dining.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere