“The best around” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 50 Restaurants in Oak Island
Cuisines: Lebanese, Seafood
Description: Pelican Seafood sells fresh LOCAL seafood as well as delicious lunches and dinners to eat in or take out. The owners work there and are very pleasant to chat with. I was so pleased to find their menu was a mix of Mediterranean and southern foods with homemade desserts like mamool. We purchased fresh fish and shellfish to cook ourselves and ate lunch there. I would love to write a review. Thank you. Traci Stevenson. tracisbold@gmail.com
Asheville
“The best around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family when down to oakisland to get some fresh seafood and pelican seafoods name came up on many occasions we went there to check them out and I was surprised that for a seafood market there was not that much of a smell. I went to another seafood market the day before called Haag and sons and the smell was horrendous. Anyway we bought fish at a very reasonable price and noticed they also had a kitchen in there. The nice lady there said we fry your fish for u if u would like us to and me and my husband said why not. To be honest it was probably the best flounder grouper and shrimp I've ever had. If anybody plans on going down that way for fresh fish raw or cooked pelican is the place to go

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fresh seafood cooked to order the way you like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It is nice to get a plate of seafood with mixed grilled and fried. I wish they offered more non-starch sides, but the potato salad was delicious. The lady who helped me make my selections was very helpful.

May 20, 2014

Visited May 2014
Greenville, NC
“Great crabcakes,shrimp and very accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were at Oak Island during early April. The restaurant was not open yet but you could order items to go. So, based on their 2nd best crabcake claim I ordered crabcakes and the rest of the group ordered shrimp and striped bass (catch of the day). The woman I talked to on the phone asked me if I wanted the shrimp steamed with light, medium or heavy OLD BAY....that was a first.
We picked up the food and headed back to the rented house. Everything was delicious and if they are the #2 on the crab cake rank...I'd like to know where to get #1. The cake was about 90% crab and just enough binder to hold it together. We'll definitely use them again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Great food, great service...very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family and I dropped by Pelican Seafood and picked up the fried shrimp and fried scallop baskets; both lightly battered and perfectly fried. Unfortunately the restaurant part is only open in the season, but they are happy to prepare it to-go and our food was ready in less than 10 minutes. The prices were reasonable too, $14 for a 1/2 lb. scallops/shrimp and two sides. The fish is all delicious and fresh, and much, much better than we could have gotten at a chain seafood restaurant. The best part, of course, was the wonderful food, and the least...well, nothing! I highly recommend Pelican Seafood to all and plan on going again soon!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nc
“oh my.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

went with trip advisor reviews and we're not disappointed. having been in the car for 6 hours and not having breakfast or lunch, we stopped on our way to our rental and ordered an oyster sandwich and the oyster po'boy. WOW! I watched as the cook breaded the oysters, fried them, checked them for doneness and then played our order up. we started to head to the house to eat since the pelican is ONLY takeout but the oysters smelled so good, we ate in the cold at their picnic table. we ate so quickly the dip sandwiches didn't have time to get cold.....they were delicious! we plan on going back multiple times during our stay. will update on visit number 2.

• Visited December 2013