“Just right” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The breakfast is very good. Good home fries and good coffee.

Visited July 2012

Charlotte
“Breakfast place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Russells is a good place for breakfast. They have the usual fare and it is a quick in and out. Good service.

Visited May 2012
Greensboro NC
“Skip it - except maybe for breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I like dinner food, I like southern style cooking so I was expecting to like Russells. However, I found the food overcooked and very bland. The locals seem to swarm here for breakfast though...I haven't tried their breakfast, perhaps it is better

Visited July 2011
Baltimore
“Fair food, service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Had breakfast here today, it was very loud I could barely hold a conversation. The food was mediocre although my husband said his was good. Mine tasted very salty, the corned beef hash had very little flavor at all. Waitress wasn't very pleasant but I gues they were pretty busy. Won't go back.

Raleigh
“They get a four for accomodating my 3 month old nicely.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Please keep in mind that some of these reviews are from dishonest folks that had a falling out with management or work for another restaurant.
I'm not from this area but even I know this is a local favorite. I visit oak island often and this is my wife's father's recommended place. They took us in on a busy Saturday morning and got us in right away. This is our second visit but 1st with our 3 month old. They got us in right away but their booths do not fit a carseat, at least ours. This is the first time we had this problem and we eat out alot. The wait staff was so accomodating, friendly and patient. When my wife had to take our newborn oustide to feed, the staff put her food in the micro and heated it for her. That was awesome. The food however, did not deserve the awards they have been given. At least today. The food was good enough but not worthy of an award. the "hashbrowns" were simply potato chucks deep fried and my bacon was deep fried. bacon can be good that way, yes, but is that award worthy? Who is not capable of doing that? Also, that main dishes, baby bear, mam bear and papa bear did not include hashbrowns or a bread so we were confused.
In their defense, I vaguely remember a better food experience.

• Visited June 2012