“Best Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express New Bern

You added Holiday Inn Express New Bern to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express New Bern
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3455 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., New Bern, NC 28562   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Champaign, IL
“Best Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

This is probably the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in! Spacious, immaculate room, and the most comfortable beds you could imagine without those bedspreads (of which I'm always suspicious). Breakfast was nicest free motel breakfast we've ever experienced. Betty at the front desk was ultra friendly and helpful. We were only there one night, but we loved the whole experience and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

When we first arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff was very professional and friendly and couldnt do enough for us. The room was beautiful and the bed was heavenly. When we checked in they gave us a little bag with snacks and the breakfast was included and very good. The hotel was so clean-it was like brand new. We had a great night and could have stayed in that comfortable bed forever. The new Holiday Inn Expresses with the green and white H signs have all been redone or they are new. What an improvement over the older Holiday Inn Express's.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Edmore, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

This hotel seemed to be newly built or remodeled. The rooms were nice but seemed small and cramped for the price. The front desk staff was helpful but not as friendly as you'd expect in the hospitality industry, although the housekeepers were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Upon checking into the motel just after midnight on 12-25-08, the night shift clerk informed me that I could smoke in the room but there would be a SMALL fee for cleaning (this is standard with most motels at $15). After just falling asleep at 2:30am, the night clerk woke me up banging on the door to drop off my bill (which stated the room charge was $124.03). I was very upset about being woken and could not get back to sleep until 5am. Upon checking out, I tried to complain, but was ignored. Days later I checked my bank account and there was an additional charge of $150 on top of the room bill. When I called the night clerk, he stated that was for smoking in the room and was very hateful to me. He claims I signed a paper agreeing to pay $150 to smoke, but refused to provide the document. I called the next day to complain to the manager, but the manager would not take my call. I called the 1800 complaint line for the motel. They stated they would have the manager contact me within 48hrs or the motel would be fined more money than the amount in question. This did not happen, and the manager still ignored my calls even after leaving a voicemail with my complaint. Two days later I called the 1800 complaint line back and they said I had to allow 24 more hours because of the holiday. After another 24hrs, I called the complaint line again stating the manager refused to call me and they said too bad that it was not their place to do anything and for me to call my credit card company. This is very poor practice and they refused to help get me a copy of this supposed statement they say I signed. I have contacted my credit card company to file a dispute, but while I wait my $150 is tied up and is causing me financial grief. I am disabled and need my money for my medicines, not some rip off night clerk!

• Liked — Nothing - Go elsewhere for rest and to keep your money!
  • Disliked — The night clerk - The attitude - Being ripped off!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greensboro, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

This place is not the cleanest of hotels. The staff is friendly and nice. I spent an entire month there and feel comfortable talking about it. The weight room is a joke. The pool is about the size of a home above ground mini pool. The "hot" breakfast has biscuits and gravy and cinnamon rolls everyday. It is conveniently located in south New Bern. Look at staying downtown New Bern closer to the Neuse River.

• Liked — Staff is nice.
  • Disliked — Small unclean room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Holly Springs, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

My husband and I and our 3 kids stayed here 1 night during a visit to our hometown. The lady who checked us in was very nice. Since I'm a Priority Club member, I received a goody bag with snacks and a bottled water upon check-in. The room was very nice and clean. The beds were very soft. The kids were fascinated that the room key card slides into a slot on the wall to turn the electricity to the room on.
The only complaints I had were, the night of our stay, there was a small thunderstorm and the electricity in the hotel blinked on and off continually all night. Then in the morning, when the storm had passed, the lights continued to blink.
Also, the continental breakfast was a little less than what we're used to. The only hot items were sausage gravy (to be used on the cold biscuits), and hot apples.
The treadmill in the fitness center was out of order also.
Other than these minor things, it was a nice stay overall. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The cleanliness and comfort of the room
  • Disliked — The blinking electricity
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greensboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

I usually stay at either this hotel or the Hampton Inn when in New Bern. Both are equally nice and this one is $20 a night less. It is the best deal on a 3 star property in New Bern. Staff is very nice. Rooms are reasonably large for a "nonsuite" hotel and have a microwave and fridge and most important to me all bed linens are cleaned between guests, not just the sheets (the comforter is in a cover which is cleaned between guests). This is a pleasant trend that I have noticed lately, especially in light of the recurrence of bed bugs (nationwide, not at this property). Before, I would gingerly remove the spread and put it in the corner with instruction to the maid not to replace it until we left. All clean bedding between guest is a very big plus for me. I was born and raised in New Bern and will stay here on return visits whenever possible.

• Liked — all linens cleaned between guests
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Bern? Share your experiences!