“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560 (Formerly Hilton New Bern/Riverfront )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Roanoke Rapids, United States
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Clean, friendly and quiet. Beautiful on the water overlooking the water/marina.Outdoor dining and bar with hotel. Walk 2 blocks to quaint seafood resturants and shops in a small coastal historic town. Excellent setting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to ake a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were only staying one night, wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the hotel. We booked a balcony room, they are on the fifth floor facing out over the marinas and river. A beautiful view. Directly below us we looked at a large deck where a band played from 5-9pm and folks danced and enjoyed themselves. We enjoyed the last hour from our balcony. Next to that area was a lovely pool and an outdoor dining area for the on site restaurant (we did not have a chance to eat there but it was nice looking and served all meals). Our room included a mini fridge, microwave, coffee/tea machine, clock, Wi-Fi, hair dryer, iron and ironing board and 2 bathrobes. The room was nicely appointed and clean. Plenty of towels too, not the small bath towels, nice large ones. We decided to order breakfast thru room service which arrived right on time and was nice and warm. All staff we encountered were super nice and helpful. I forgot my toothbrush and was given one. You also do receive the warm chocolate cookie they advertise, delicious! New Bern is a lovely town to visit but I wish we could have stayed another day just to enjoy the pool and the restaurant. Really a nice place and worth a few extra dollars to ask for the balcony room. Also heat and AC controlled by a wall thermostat. Very comfortable beds and bedding.

Room Tip: Choose the balcony rooms.
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and and you enjoyed your stay. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Hilton provided rooms for the MS bike participants to shower and clean up after the ride. After 200 miles of riding that weekend, it was very much appreciated. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever used in a hotel.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again next year during such a wonderful event. Thank you and have a great day!
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I couldn't imagine giving this hotel anything less than 5 stars , we are presently here and are already planning our next trip here . blown away from the marina and river view from our 5th floor room. room was clean, the bed is awesome , and to top it off , I mentioned that it was our 22nd anniversary, and they brought us up cheesecake, strawberries, and champagne. at no charge i might add. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone , especially to celebrate a romantic occasion like ours ... ;)

Room Tip: get the 5th floor balcony river vew room, for the money difference its well worth it ..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is my 7th year staying at this hotel during the 2nd weekend of September for the MS Bike Event. The rooms are very nice and clean and the location is VERY convenient to the activities of this particular weekend. The only issue I have is the music and patron noise from the bar/pool deck filters up into the rooms and if you're an "early night in" kind of a person it is a bit noisy until 10:00pm. Make sure you request a room in the separate building to avoid this. Otherwise, I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are staying in New Bern!

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and choosing us throughout the years for Bike MS. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay minus the music on the deck. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager so we can look into next year and find a suitable solution. Thank you and have a great day!
Garner, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The room was pretty nice especially for being in the "Inn" building on the property. We were not told we would be in the less desirable Inn building which is away from all of the hotel amenities - very disappointed. Two glaring oversights: no mini-fridge in the room and no desk and desk chair in the room. I found this very odd for a "nice hotel" - what upper level hotel does not provide mini fridges in every room?? Very strange.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your room was not equipped with a refrigerator, desk nor chair. The desk and chair have now been replaced. We are just about to start our renovations and hope to have the items you mentioned addressed shortly. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Durham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Awesome location and hotel. The staff was most helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable and a good size. The location is perfect for walking around New Bern. The are lots of retaurants in walking distance. Tryon Palace is also in walking disatance. There is a great gym facility. Hilton Gold perks were really appreciated and I even got a hot cookie on check-out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and took advantage of all New Bern has to offer. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront? Share your experiences!