“Not worth the price - dirty!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560 (Formerly Hilton New Bern/Riverfront )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Greenville, North Carolina
“Not worth the price - dirty!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very disappointed with the actual hotel. It is dirty - carpets are stained and torn. Furnishings are old and stained. The room smells musty and moldy. The check-in was quick but it was so noisy in the lobby that I jumped at various loud bangs and noises. Overall lacking any elegance and has the atmosphere of a cheap hotel. I paid too much for this sad of a hotel. Now the setting is gorgeous - view of the water, walkway along the water is lovely, easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping, but hotel needs a serious remodel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DianeJSchmitt, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced with the condition of the hotel and can understand and appreciate the impact it had on you and your stay. I am happy to report that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel including our guest rooms, guest room updates, our parking lot and our lobby are slated on phase one. I hope once completed we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Dartmouth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our stay at the Hilton DoubleTree in New Bern was enjoyable. Any difficulty we experienced was quickly addressed by the manager. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the New Bern area. Our prepaid accommodations were well worth the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you. I am also happy that any issues you faced were addressed immediately. I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had to stay at the Double Tree this trip. I was looking forward to the renovation as it has been promised for a few years from before it was downgraded from a Hilton. As a gold member I requested a Gold upgrade. I thought I would at least get a room in the new annex. I was placed in the old section. Nothing has changed. Badly worn carpet. Beat up furniture but the internet AC and TV worked somewhat this trip. It really does not matter if the front desk clerk did or did not have a smile on there face when I checked in they new what room they were putting me in. A river front room on the third floor with trees grown up in front of the window. Ask to see your room before you check in.

Great to see there is a n New Courtyard a few blocks away on the water now.

Randy P.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay and can understand your disappointment that our renovations have yet to begin. I have brought these items to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so we can address these immediately. I am happy to report that the carpet has finally been ordered and that is our top priority. It will be throughout the hotel and in our guest rooms. Also on the project planner is some of the furnishing in our guest rooms, the parking lot and our lobby will be part of the first phase. I hope we have the opportunity to provide a better experience for you in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Raleigh, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Worst Hilton experience I've every had. Try the Marriot. Water views and clean. Coffee maker didn't work, room was very loud. Bad cooling and ice maker that could wake the dead. Pot holes in the parking lot could destroy your tires.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay and have brought these items to the attention of our General Manager, Director of Housekeeping and our Chief of Engineering so we can address these immediately. I am happy to report that we are just getting ready to begin our renovations and our parking lot is one of our top priorities. I hope when we have them completed you will give us another opportunity to give you the stay you deserve. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

New Bern is a very nice place and this hotel is on the river front and the marina.
The girl at the check-in gave us a welcome with a warm cookie.
The room was in the Inn building; it was beautiful and clean.
The breakfast is not included, but there is a buffet service in the main building.
There is a pool, that is next to the outdoor loungebar, where you can listen to live music.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that you enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie with walnuts (they are divine) and your room and the deck! I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Oxford, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We chose this hotel as a birthday treat for me and took a room with a garden tub...our mistake being Brits that we thought that meant a hot tub outside not a grubby bath in a window! When I went to use it I had to clean it first , there were long black hairs in it and it wasn't tempting...
In the night I woke to find a nasty spider crawling on my shoulder, my worst nightmare and I ended up sleeping on the not so comfortable sofa bed in the other room with my 14 yr old daughter!
Lifting up the blinds of the window in the morning it was really dirty...cobwebs and dead flies on the sill...on the inside. I'm not fussy and rarely review but this was disappointing despite the cookie on arrival. Plus side it was quiet and good location but view not amazing as led to believe and the windows so dirty it wasn't easy to see!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay and I can understand your disappointment, especially on such a joyous occasion. I have brought your issues to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so that these items can be addressed immediately. This is not the standard we strive for and appreciate the time you took to inform us. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Lillington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great location and a big, clean room. Parts of the hotel are showing their age (hallways, pool), but the staff is great and it is on the water, right downtown in walking distance to a lot of great stuff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that our staff was able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you and that you enjoyed your room. We are just about to start our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel and our guest room updates. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront? Share your experiences!