“We love Hilton Doubletree on the River” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28560 (Formerly Hilton New Bern/Riverfront )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Fayetteville, United States
“We love Hilton Doubletree on the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We so enjoyed our first visit with you guys. Everything and everyone was so friendly, helpful and first class. Everyone needs to go and enjoy southern charm, class and hospitality. The location is so beautiful on the River. You will enjoy the hotel and it's amenities and might be tempted to stay put. Do your self a favor and venture out the front door and enjoy strolling the streets filled with history, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that our staff was able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit. I have shared your review with our General Manager and our department heads so that they too can thank our staff for ensuring our guests have a pleasant trip. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Durham, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Love the location and the view! Nothing beats waking up to sunrise over the water, but as others have remarked, this place needs some improvements. The rooms are nice enough, but the hallway carpets are in serious need of replacement. We were awaken after midnight by a drunken wedding party yelling, screaming, hootin and hollering. It went on for awhile but complaints from the sleeping patrons finally sent someone out to disperse the crowd. Especially ridiculous as the hotel was filled with parents and kids just wanting a good nights sleep before heading off to Seafarer or Seagull. In the morning, we were greeted by apple cores at the elevator. Lovely. Breakfast Buffett is $10, which sounds like a deal until you get there. No milk for the cereal, out of biscuits, out of bacon, out of sausage. We had all finished our meals, with the exception of our daughter who couldn't eat her cereal until she had milk, before we were able to flag down a waitress to bring us coffee and juice. The milk finally arrived - it had expired. Luckily she brought 2. The nice waitress felt so bad she comped our breakfast, so she gets a gold star. The saving grace of this place is its convenient location and the state employees discount - only time in 19 years I've gotten a discount :)

• Stayed July 2013
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize on behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton New Bern - Riverfront for the issues you faced during your visit and have brought them to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering, Executive Chef and our Food & Beverage Manager so that all of these items can be looked into immediately so they don't happen to any of our other guests again. I am happy to tell you that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel and guest room updates. I will make sure that our security is also aware of making sure when we do have wedding parties in house that extra effort is put forth in making all of our guests stay peaceful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. I had a very large suite that overlooked the Trent and Neuse River convergance and the marina below. I had a very large suite with an enormous bed that was so comfortable. The staff were very courteous and allowed me to check out two hours late on the day I was leaving. They were all very friendly the entire time. The complimentary breakfast was great. This hotel is in a great location to the water and to the historic downtown district. My only advice to the hotel would be to do some carpet replacements in the suites and in the hallways. I will stay here again because it was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to complete the review. I am so happy to know that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and that our staff made you feel welcomed. I am also happy to let you know that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
gold hill, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel unless you do not care about the age or appearence of the hotel. It is nice to be on the water, and had a beautiful view of the yacht club and the sunrise/sunset. It is also walking distance from the main st of New Bern. I have paid less for more at other hotels including other Hiltons.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to complete the review. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your visit and your dissatisfaction with the rate you received. We are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the appearance of the hotel, some of our updates will be new carpeting throughout the hotel, guest room updates and our lobby area. If you are staying with us again, please feel free to contact me directly and I will see if we can work on a negotiated rate that may meet with your satisfaction. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
New Bern, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is my fourth stay in the last 2 years. The staff was attentive and asked if I was a Honors member and looked up my number for me. This is a great location in walking distance to downtown and restaurants. The room seems to have fresh paint, bedding, and the bathroom seems to have been freshened up recently. The furniture other than the bed like the hall carpet is showing significant wear and tear. There was no mini-frig in the room (something I expect at this level of Hilton) and the ice machine on my floor, the 4th , was not working.
There is a large selection for breakfast but many of the hot items were almost room temperature. Service depends on the staff that day, but the restaurant seems to be short staffed at prime times during all of my stays. On the third day, I was offered an omelet or waffle as part of the buffet, something that I had never been offered. When you need your check, more coffee, or to pay the staff is generally in the kitchen busy at some other duty like folding napkins. At prime times the staff just needs to serve the customers and stay out on the floor as much as possible.
The printer was out of order, but the staff printed my boarding pass at the desk. One of the elevators occasionally went to the 4th floor before the 3rd floor.
If Hilton would clean these things up I could get to good or excellent. I expect more from a Double Tree level.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side.
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the condition of your room and am happy to let you know that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel and guest room updates. I have brought the food temperature of the buffet items and the service level of staff to the attention of our General Manager, Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager so that these items can be addressed immediately. I have also spoken to our Chief of Engineering so the elevator problem can be looked into and corrected as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was in New Bern for one night on business last week. Hotel was formerly Sheraton property but is now Doubletree, a Hilton Brand. I was early for check-in but staff at front desk were very pleasant, and said room was ready. I requested upgrade but hotel was full. outside of property is very nice. Elevators a little slow & hall carpet showing its age since 2008 renovation. Room was very clean, A/c worked fine, and bathroom was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Arm chair shows age as does a little bit of the other furniture. There were problems with satellite TV due to storms but hotel staff said they hope to change in the future. Hotel staff were excellent - recognized as Hiltons Honors Member. Property will be great once new renovation is done since view is fantastic.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor units if possible
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property. I am so happy that our staff was able to Create A Rewarding Experience for your during your visit and am also excited about our upcoming renovations which will include carpeting throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, guest room updates and our lobby area. We look foward to having you stay with us again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Requested two rooms with King sized beds close/adjacent to each other. When we checked in, no rooms were clean so we enjoyed the area. Returned two hours later to find only one room was ready. Took our luggage to that room, only to find it had two double beds - not one King. Went back to the lobby and was given another room on another floor. That room was fine. Went to lunch. When we got the key for the second room (on a different floor! So much for adjacent rooms), neither key worked in the lock. Went back to the lobby. Check-in was a disaster. Since I am listing problems - carpet near the window in one room was damp - like a cooler had sweated on it for days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced with your guest room requests and that we were unable to satisfy them. I can assure you that we try to make sure we honor such requests and this issue will be addressed with our front office staff to ensure that this matter does not happen again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront? Share your experiences!