“Great lunches at great prices” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 145 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
New York City, New York
“Great lunches at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This Colonial style restaurant offers excellent food at excellent prices. The lunch specials are delicious and a bargain to boot and include excellent soup (we had the lobster bisque) along with a half sandwich for a mere $5.99. The menu is varied and includes delicious salads and entrees as well, all at very reasonable prices. And the staff is wonderfully friendly and full of information about the area.

Visited July 2014

New Bern, NC
“Thankfully improving.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We used to eat here frequently but it's been a while since the past couple experiences were not so good. Today, our meal was very good. I had one of the best French Dip Sandwiches I've had. Beef and au jus was perfectly seasoned. Mushrooms and onions nicely caramelized. Fish and Chips was not greasy and delicious. Tuna Lettuce Wraps were great. Service was, as it's always been, good and courteous. We will look forward to returning soon.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“Morgan's Downtown New Bern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Morgan's is one of my favorite "go to" places in downtown New Bern, NC. The food is great, the atmosphere is good, and the service is good (professional and efficient). It's spacious and has a nice quaint bar area you can relax in if there is a wait. I've been numerous times and it never disappoints. I almost always get the Lobster Bisque Soup and follow with one of their great salads or steak.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Call”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We ate here kinda late last night, it was about nine when we arrived. We had a large party and we were still seated almost instantly. Our party ordered a large array of menu items and everyone said their order was delicious. I ordered the bacon bleu cheese burger and it was delicious.. Cooked perfectly to medium which is my favorite temp for burgers. I was a bit surprised it didn't come with veggies like lettuce, tomato, onion, but that's alright it was yummy. I got a side of onion rings with it and they were the best. Onion rings should not fall to pieces when you bite them. My husband got the molasses bourbon chops with mac and cheese and a side salad. Beautiful salad, juicy chops, but the mac and cheese was a little boring. Other than it taking way too long for my beer to arrive, it was an amazing meal. We all felt that the portions were great and the price was just right. Plus! Honey covered croissants! I would return here to eat anytime.

Visited July 2014
HOME
“excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great dinner, and service. Had the Shrimp and Scallop scampi and the Drunken Mussels. Both were excellent and more than enough to eat

• Visited July 2014