“Excellent Italian Cuisine!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jenn & Sami's Bella Cucina Restaurant - CLOSED

Jenn & Sami's Bella Cucina Restaurant
2909 Trent Road, New Bern, NC 28562 (Formerly Pia's)
(252) 636-0086
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
New Bern, North Carolina
“Excellent Italian Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is by far the best Italian place I have ever been. I grew up in Atlanta and the sauces and food here blow away anything I have ever had before (Italian is my favorite so I try any new places). The Chef is from Italy and makes each sauce from scratch. My favorite dish is the linguine alla fra diavolo, however everything I have had here has been outstanding. The people here actually care about providing you with a fine dining experience as well as ensuring your taste buds are fully satisfied. Highly recommended!! (try the Mushrooms and Classic Brushetta as an app.) The Atmosphere is perfect for taking someone special out!

68% Recommend
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I haven't had genuine Italian food in a number of years, until I had the absolute pleasure of enjoying some of this menu. And what a treat it was! Chicken Alfredo, eggplant parmigiana, chicken contadina, there were so many choices, from all of Italy too!

If your in the area, and want a life changing plate of chicken Alfredo (oh. My. God. Soooo good.), the I highly recommend you try what this restaurant has to offer.

New Bern, North Carolina
“My Fav Restaurant in New Bern!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm new to Tripadvisor & wanted to make sure this was my first review. I absolutely love this restaurant!! I've tried several different things on the menu & even started asking for things slightly different then what is on the menu. Some restaurants don't let you do that...you can only get it the way that its printed on the menu, Period!! So I was very pleased when our waitress, Melissa, said "oh of course, that won't be a problem at all". Sami's red sauce is amazing...& I discovered that I love his pink/blush sauce too! A few visits ago, Sami came out of the kitchen & was walking to each table to say hello & check on everyone...I told him that I just loved his red sauce & he said that he made fresh everyday. (I think its a italian family secret...so he must keep that card close to his chest) Someone previously stated that "the restaurant is very small with a bar stuffed in the corner"...which might be true, to an extent, but I think thats part of their "charm"!! If it was a bigger restaurant then Sami wouldn't have time to come out & talk/meet/check on his customers. As for the bar, they do not serve "liquor", they have a nice wine selection & a few different beers...it's not a "bar scene". So if you're wanting to drink hard liquor, get loud & watch a game like at a sports bar, this would not be the place. I personally wouldn't want to have a nice night out w my friends or family & listen to that anyways...so all the more reason to love them!!

North Brunswick, New Jersey
“New Bern's "Little Italy"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This local establishment sits right on the corner of Highland Avenue and Trent Rd. It is a quaint and cozy local eatery that offers a wonderful menu of traditional Italian cuisine in addition to many of the Chef's special entrees. Chef Sami's seafood menu items are my personal favorites.....Fra Diavolo, Lobster Ravioli, calamari! There is truly something for everyone on the menu....spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, etc. Whether you are looking for a quick bite before a movie, or an intimate dinner for two, this locally owned business is a perfect choice!! We loved it!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Emerald Isle, North Carolina, United States
“Intimate and Classy Dinning Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The restaurant is very intimate and classy! I have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed with the food or the awesome service! Sami, the Owner & Chef, came to the table personally to make sure we were satisfied with our dinner and our service! His wife, Jennifer, is a local lady with enough southern charm to make any everyone feel right at home! I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

• Visited July 2012