“Best B&B in New Bern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 New Bern B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best B&B in New Bern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stay at the Hanna House one weekend a year for the past 4 years now. Every year Joe and Camille truly provide the best service in town. The House itself is beautiful and the rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. Camille and Joe make a great breakfast for our family and are always willing to accommodate special dietary needs (allergies, vegetarian, etc), something we value in our family. New Bern is a great place to walk around and the B&B is walking distance to everything. I recommend this B&B to any of my family or friends who visit New Bern.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sparta, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I made reservations in Oct 2013 for a room in June of 2014. I received an e-mail confirming the reservation. In early Dec 2013, I received a call from Camille Klotz saying someone had booked the inn for that weekend over a year ago. I truly believe that this wasn't the case, because when I talked to her in Oct , she was surprised a reservation could be made that far in advance. I believe someone just came in within the last few days and wanted to rent the inn, In order to get this booking, she decided to bump us from our reservation I believe this is a terrible business practice. If anyone wants to book a reservation at the Hanna House, I suggest they have second thoughts and not do this. I also felt she could have done more than offer another suggestion of a place to say. I will continue my complaints. Don't put yourself through this kind of emotional distress

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I decided to stop in New Bern for the night on our way to Williamsburg (VA), and we're very glad that we chose the Hanna House. From the moment we walked in the door, Camille and Joe were gracious and hospitable. We stayed in the Lincoln Room, and it was perfect for us. Less than a block away from 'downtown', close to the river, and warm and inviting. Breakfast was amazing! Worth every penny, and we'll be back for sure. Brian & Melissa

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This B&B is located in the heart of New Bern, home of Pepsi Cola. Who knew? We stayed in the Lincoln room. It has a queen size bed, is very spacious and decorated with needle points dating as far back at the 1700's. The bathroom is clean and the shower has great water pressure. :-). The inn itself was built in the 1800's and has all the charm of that era. Breakfast is fantastic and lots of choices. My husband had a three egg omelet with Gouda cheese and sausage. I had the apple pancake. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our group of 7 had a fantastic experience at Hanna House B & B. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable, the food was exceptional and the whole stay could not have been any better. The hosts were delightful and very charming. We'll stay there again, and soon.
Highly recommend Hanna House.
Paul & Barbara

Room Tip: We loved the Bates Room - Spa was wonderful and relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My girl friends and I have been staying here every year for over 6 years. It is an absolutely wonderful place and the breakfast is amazing. I have recommended it to friends and they are always glad I did. The owners, Joe and Camille, are fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My best friend and I always stay at Hanna House during Ghost Walk in New Bern. Rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and above average in cleanliness. But what's to die for is the "breakfast" each morning. Camille and Joe will make it so special by cooking any combination you may want. I'm personally addicted to the homemade scones. I'm afraid I make a pig of myself every time breakfast is served. The hospitality and love shown in Hanna House makes you feel so special and well taken care of. This alone is worth trip to New Bern. Hope I'm able to return soon.

Room Tip: Front room has a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hanna House? Share your experiences!