Well we were having a awesome week here and could over look almost anything till some people came walking into our backyard and started harassing the geese that we have so enjoyed on our visit here. They chased the females off their nests with sticks and umbrellas and swung and hit the males a few times who were only protecting their females and laughed while they were doing it !! They oiled the nests so all those babies will die. The females went back to their nests which is useless after them being oiled. The males that were so very friendly to us and ate out of our hands are not nervous and scared of us.Pretty sick individuals we all thought. The resort needs to keep these people off the property. The sick individuals laughed and joked as they were doing this and were rude to us, your guest, when we asked what they thought they were doing. I know Hubby and I will rethink staying here again, just cause it upset us so to watch this. My daughter and Grand children were upset also. Also You might want to ask to see your room first. Ours was not that clean, there were dead bugs in Jacuzzi, and you could clearly see it had been repaired and not well ether and they missed a crack and mirrors were not clean, toilets ether. The TV in the master bedroom had lines going threw the picture while on so bad it was hard to watch. The big window in the living room above the stereo has finger prints on it. Don't ask me how they got up there for it is up pretty high. All rooms had cob webs in them. The living room air vent had dirt and dust all around it ! I know we pay with points but come on now those points cost us a lot of money. I used to clean places from hotels to rich people houses, so I tend to look for dirt when entering any place we stay, I did not have to look hard here. Sorry I really wanted to give this place a good review, but felt I had to bring these things up. It was a no smoking housing which I don't understand cause I don't believe we could have hurt it any, we smoked out side on the back deck using our car ashtray so as not to leave any cig. butts lying around, for I hate that. I don't even like non responsible smokers that leave their butts all over. We as supposed owners did not appreciate these people coming on the property that is supposed to be private. I have more pictures but could not get them tp upload.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Resort At Fairfield Harbour Hotel New Bern
- Wyndham Resort At Fairfield Harbour Hotel
- Wyndham New Bern
- New Bern Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort features breath-taking waterfront, wildlife and golf course views. Each unit offers a furnished living area and full kitchen. All share in our generous amenities such as the marina, golf course, restaurant, pool and recreation center. We are 10 minutes from historic downtown New Bern and 45 minutes from the beautiful Crystal Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Resort at Fairfield Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.