“Not impressed.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 148 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: ZIP CODE 28562 Telephone No. 252-633-2958 Food is always great!
Description: ZIP CODE 28562 Telephone No. 252-633-2958 Food is always great!
Rockwell, North Carolina, United States
“Not impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Unfortunately, everything about this place was just average. Food and service were not impressive, and there was confusion with our order. I love Mexican, but this just wasn't the place for us to try while traveling.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“This tops them all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

nice atmosphere had the organic margarita and the chimichanga el tequila it came out perfect the waiter was attentive and the new manager stopped by and thanked me for coming we will definitely be back to el tequila

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“Good Food with a Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have never gotten a bad meal here and the service has always been great. We have been there enough that we pretty much get the same server and he knows what we are going to drink before we say it..I like the food alot and they are great about separating my foods as I just do not like everything piled onto my plate. My refried beans always come out on a plate of their own, lol.
The prices are good, service great and food very good. The restaurant is always clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom is always clean and well maintained when I have visited it..

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
nc
“8th best in New Bern, really?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

In New Bern for work, checked trip advisor to find a cheap, good place to eat. Pickched El Tequila , sorry that I did. The place was nearly empty, with music blasting. Waitress did not know the drink specials, did not offer to find out. Ordered the sincronazia, which I order all the time at Mexican restaurants at home. It was awful. It was so greasy that I did not want to pick it up to eat it. Chose to eat it with a knife and fork, pulled the top tortilla off to find measly portion of chicken strips, two strips of avocado, a few onions , two mushroom slices and no visible cheese. I ended up eating the avocado and chicken only. The rice that came with the dish was so tasteless that I gave up trying to eat it. Waitress was mostly absent, when I left she was outside talking. Will not be returning to El Tequila.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Milton, Florida
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were traveling in the area and had a taste for some Mexican. This was a good choice. Very clean. Prompt attention by the wait staff. And our food came out quickly. Both of us ordered chimichangas and there were 2 on the plate, along with lettuce/tomato/guacamole and retried beans. Very reasonably priced.

Visited May 2013