“The worst service ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New Bern, NC
“The worst service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

My sister and I decided to have lunch at Christoph's. After seating us at a table, we ordered two hamburgers. After an hour had passed with the waitress coming out only once to check on us, I finally went up to the cashier and informed her we had been waiting for an hour for a hamburger!! She apologized and said she would check on our order. She then came over to our table and said it would be another 2 - 3 minutes. We waited another 3 minutes, and left, informing the cashier as we were leaving that we were not going to wait any longer. As we were walking out the door, the cashier said "your order is ready". We told her no thanks, and left. Horrible, horrible experience.

lexington, va
“This is a hotel restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is a hotel restautant, and if you have travelled much, you know what I mean. They are rarely very good or very bad. I think the chain (in this case, Hilton) to some extent regulates the hotel restaurants. There are a few others in walking distance of this same hotel, the best of which is The Harvey Mansion, I'd probably just walk over there, if I go back.

New Bern, North Carolina
“A pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

My wife and I and another couple had a very nice dinner at Christoph's on the Water. Between the four of us there were a variety of entrees, from steak to seafood and all of us agreed, it was a fine meal. Atmosphere is great, a view of the marina and interior furnishings that are simple but elegant provide a relaxed dining experience. Prices are moderate to high but we wouldn't call them expensive. There is a small bar adjacent to the dining room allowing for a drink before dinner. We definitely will return. Wait staff are courteous, prompy and professional.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere