“nice bar” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 148 Restaurants in New Bern
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Bern, North Carolina
“nice bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The restaurant is pricey, the bar is a nice place to hang out when you do not want to be around the younger crowd. There is not any drama there. Just sit and drink a drink and hang out.

Visited June 2012

North Carolina
“Unusual”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The service was good, but the food was not! Maybe we ordered the wrong thing, my husband had the special, I had meatloaf, but neither could finish. And the prices were very expensive.

Visited April 2012
Cary, NC
“Good Early Bird Specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I enjoyed my dinner in this historical buiding from the 1700's where several tables are grouped in six different rooms. I was in town for business and was comfortable dining in this setting by myself. They have a good selection of 10 Early Bird Dinners to choose from; I chose the crabcake dinner and it was good. The wines by the glass were a reasonable price. A friend told me to be sure to get the Softshell Crab Stack if they had it on the menu, and they did, but I did not order it as it was 3 softshell crabs and a crabcake which with no one to share it with was too much for me to eat.

Visited May 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
“Good greeting,service and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We visit every couple of months because we find that the food and service are good. Went last night with friends when they were quite busy and had prompt service. Food not quite as good as we have had numerous times before but absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just a bit below par.
Our room was full but we had not problems at all in conversing. All in all I have no problem in recommending for a fine meal.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Franklin, Tennessee
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have eaten at most every restaurant in New Bern, and this is the finest dining in town.

Visited June 2011