“Convenient cleanly stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Cary, North Carolina
“Convenient cleanly stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Springhill Suites New Bern carries through the consistency of the Marriott brand in the small New Bern area. All the things you expect from Marriott's properties are carried through here: complimentary breakfast, high quality mattresses, free newspaper, friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel is very clean and room was spacious. Check in was fine and we had everything we needed. In the morning, we expected a little more for breakfast as is the Marriott style. however there was no fresh fruit, waffle tasted strange and was not the usual. I would give the breakfast an average rating, but I would not rave about it since I always look forward to a waffle. When I chose the cereal there were only 2 kinds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a nice stay here. Room as spacious and clean. We were able to have friends come up and was comfortable for all in room.
Breakfast was wonderful with warm food and they changed it up every morning so you had a variety during our stay.
Front desk was really helpful.
Just need stronger curtains for light outside.

Room Tip: Ask to be in back of hotel if you like it darker. Flood lights on front. Lots of nice restaurants ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mukwonago, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Every time I come to New Bern I stay here. The staff is attentive and friendly. They have a great breakfast buffet which they change up often. It is very convenient off the freeway and centrally located in town. Great for family travel the rooms are suites with great bedding and nice furnishings.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms at the end of the hallway as the people using the stairs can be noisy. The s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

It started from check in. All staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. The rooms were very clean and relaxing. The hotel was conveniently located near everything. I would definitely choose to stay with them again.

• Stayed August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

In general, this is a great choice for your New Bern stay:
- The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room to spread out your papers and computer to work. I am generally a fan of the newer SpringHill Suites for business travel, with solid wi-fi, desk and table in the living area, large glass showers, and modern furnishings....this one matched my previous experiences in Chicago, etc. The rate was awesome at under $130 a night, the locale was decent for business purposes, and you are right down the road from adorable downtown New Bern.

The only poor experience for me was interaction with the staff on duty. Upon arrival, a desk clerk whose name begins with N (I would type out her name, but I hate to put her name out on a public forum...I'm fairly certain management knows to whom I am referring) was working the desk and was seated behind the tall front desk, not really visible. No big deal, until she stood up, didn't offer eye contact and greeted me-- not with a 'hello" or with any other words of welcome for that matter-- but with a flat "checking in"...not even in the form of a question; just "checking in." No acknowledgement of Marriott rewards status, no going over the room rate, no review of room type or reservation details, no registration card to initial with room rate. I was simply given a key, and no other welcome was given. Her tone and general energy of disdain for even having to do her job was shockingly off-putting. Even when leaving for dinner, she was again seated behind the desk, never looked up, and certainly didn't offer any greeting. Not the best representation of hospitality and that IS the business you are in, whether you are at a $130 night business class hotel or a $500/night property. It doesn't matter, at least be friendly.

I even had problems with the TV, but after the unfriendly check-in, there was no way I was about to call for assistance.

I'll give you another try when in town, as I would like to believe the rudeness of one staff member isn't indicative of the staff on the whole.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I travel to New Bern every week for business and have been doing so for the past 2 1/2 years. What better review can I give this Marriott other than to say that not once in my over 130 weekly trips have I ever considered staying anywhere else. I have stayed at many different Marriot's over the years and I can honestly say that the staff at this location is one of the most helpful and pleasant groups of people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They could not be any more professional while at the same time accommodating.

I give this Marriott location, it's management and staff my highest recommendation!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New Bern? Share your experiences!