“Very Close to New Bern Mall and Downtown area” 4 of 5 stars

AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cumming, Georgia
“Very Close to New Bern Mall and Downtown area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hampton Inn New Bern is an ok place to stay. Rooms are clean and breakfast is good. However the rooms could have been updated. The beds were OK, however room could have been painted. The baseboards and door jams were chipped in several noticeable areas. Also the shower could have been cleaner. Overall is was an ok place to sleep and have breakfast. Staff was friendly. However, beware they will not let you check in earlier than 3:00 p.m.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Hi, Greg. I’m so sorry to see that we fell below your expectations. We definitely strive to be a lot better than “ok” when it comes to our service, accommodations, and amenities. Even though we are over 20 years young, we’ve completed multiple renovations in the past couple years and in 2015, set to revamp our guest rooms as well. I will definitely look into all of the issues you had mentioned. We do allow early check ins, as it is our goal to provide the best in guest service, however this can be difficult should we have sold out the night before. If your room is available, we will most certainly let you register so you can focus on relaxing and enjoying your time in the wonderful New Bern. I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband & I recently stayed in the Hampton Inn in New Bern, NC for two nights. The room was clean, quiet, & comfortable. From our registration process to our check- out the most outstanding aspect was the customer service. Everyone went well beyond expectations to make certain we had an enjoyable visit. We were given recommendations, directions, happy notes, and warm smiles throughout the visit. One young man stayed past his working hours to discuss North Carolina living with my husband. We highly recommend this Hampton Inn and will certainly stay here again when driving through North Carolina. We also recommend that the Hampton Inn chain use this site and people as role models for excellence. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us! I hope you truly got the sense that we treat all of our guests like family here at the Hampton Inn in New Bern. We really appreciate the recommendations and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Our overall experience at the Hampton Inn New Bern was very good. The service was excellent and the cleanliness was very good. The hotel is very close to many places to eat and shop. The overall appearance is nice but dated and the elevators need to be serviced because they jerk when they reach a floor and the door opens. Our overall experience was very good overall and we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
Hello, William. Thank you for taking the time to provide our future travelers with your feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our excellent service and clean accommodations. I’m sorry to hear that the elevators jerked when you were here and that problem has since been corrected. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you nevertheless. The next time you visit us in New Bern, I know you will feel more confident knowing that the elevators are working seamlessly!
New Ringgold, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

From the time I walked in I was greeted with a smile. Very clean property inside and out. The breakfast was very good, fresh and lots to choose from. I experienced a problem while staying and they went above and beyond to help. The bottles of water in our room were welcomed with open arms. How many times do you get to the hotel and forget to get something to drink. I loved my stay, more important beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hello, Ana! I love the title of your TripAdvisor post reading “Home away from home.” My team and I have a huddle each week and go over the importance of being portrayed to our wonderful guests as being truly their home away from home. I’m so excited to see that you felt that way during your visit with us. We actually implemented the bottled waters in the rooms not too long ago because we truly feel that this is an important amenity our guests should have, free of charge. As always, our guests are greeted with big smiles by each team member during their stay at the Hampton Inn New Bern. We hope to welcome you “home” again soon!
ElPaso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

What a beautiful room. High ceilings, clean room, big bathroom...just wonderful. If I had to pick one thing wrong the bed could have been softer but it was still comfy. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from the “Fabulous” Hampton Inn in New Bern! We appreciate your wonderful recommendation to our future travelers regarding how much you enjoyed our accommodations. My team and I hope to welcome you again soon!
Hardwick, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Traveling with my husband and teenage son,stopped here on our road trip to Charlston, South Carolina. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk. The room was clean, but small. We had two very tiny double beds. The bathroom was clean, but very small. Breakfast was free and decent. The coffee was good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Greetings from beautiful New Bern! Thank you for traveling all the way from South Carolina to our wonderful town with your family to stay with us. I’m sorry to see that we are classified as being “dated” as we have completed a lobby renovation less than a year ago. People are actually quite surprised to find that we are in fact over 20 years old! We take a lot of pride in our hotel by providing the best for our guests, clean and comfortable accommodations, delicious hot breakfast, and friendly hospitality professionals around every corner ready to satisfy your every need. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you choose the beautiful Hampton Inn the next time you’re in New Bern!
Cincinnati, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very accommodating employees; Staff was helpful with check-in. We arrived really late and my children were hungry-When we checked in, the employee on duty fixed my boys waffles and gave them milk to satisfy until breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello, Alex! I’m glad my team was able to make you and your family some waffles after a day of travel! No one likes to sleep on an empty stomach, especially some hungry boys. I’m happy that we are able to accommodate you from the very start. A “great job” indeed by one of my team members and I’ll make sure they are praised for their exceedingly helpful act of true hospitality.

Been to Hampton Inn New Bern? Share your experiences!