“Excellency” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Powells Point, United States
“Excellency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After driving for over eight hours, your Hampton Inn was a most welcome stay. I had driven through several rain storms and airport traffic and was so elated when I arrived at your New Bern, NC, inn. This was my destination and I was extremely happy with my accommodations and your staff. I slept well in my incredibly clean room and enjoyed my complimentary Vitamin water and Trail Mix while I nestled in my fresh bed and watched the news. I appreciate a clean room as I have a cleaning business. Great stay and wish I could have stayed another night or two as my stress level diminished. May God bless your business and employees.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Gloria,

It is comments such as yours that confirm one of the many reasons I decided to work in this wonderful industry. My staff and I take tremendous pride as hospitality professionals of this amazing Brand and are happy to hear that we were able to exceed you expectations. Thank you for being such a wonderful guest of ours and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hotel has just done over all the rooms and is in process of redoing the entrence and canopy
@ the front of the building.
The breakfast each morning is great from 0600-1000 seven(7) days a week
and the pool is open from 0900-2200

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I love your title, "Best Hotel In Town." We certainly feel this way! My staff and I all take tremendous pride as customer service professionals of this beautiful property and Hampton Inn being a member of the Hilton family. We've officially completed our renovation and I think you'll agree that the changes are spectacular!
Palm Bay, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at this location due to past experience with Hampton Inns. Was treated very well and proficiently including a very good recommendation for dinner. The room was very clean, good amenities including in-room refrigerator along with Hampton's GREAT bed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

William-I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate your comments about my staff and am happy to hear you enjoyed all of the wonderful things Hampton has to offer! Friendly staff, clean accommodations, hot breakfast and, as you had mentioned, Hampton’s great bed are just a few reasons why Hampton is among the best hotels in the business!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although our room was nonsmoking and clean the common areas esp the elevators reeked of stale smoke. Thankfully the lobby area and the breakfast area did not smell. It is amazing to me that in 2013 a hotel would still allow smoking anywhere except outside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your feedback! You’ve expressed your concern for the smoking smell in the public areas and we’ve listened! During our renovation, we actually minimized the amount of smoking rooms we had to just a couple, which are located on the first floor closest to an exit door. We hope the location of these smoking rooms will encourage those who prefer to smoke to do so outside.
My staff and I strive for the best in guest service and take tremendous pride in our hotel. We want all of guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us because we want everyone to feel right at home.
I’m confident you will notice a big difference during your next stay and I would love to hear what you think!
White Pine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great location. Staff are pleasant and helpful. Many great places to eat in the area. Down Town New Bern is a short drive from the hotel and is a Must See! Great place to park and walk through the shops. Must stop at Pepsi's birth-place and have a Pepsi-float. Yum!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Helena-Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding my staff. I will make sure to communicate your feedback to them! Our location is great for the fact that we are just over 3 miles away from beautiful downtown New Bern. Not many people know that New Bern is the proud birthplace of Pepsi so the Pepsi-floats are the best in the world! We look forward to your return visit!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family was very satisfied with our recent stay at the Hampton Inn in New Bern, North Carolina. In addition to many breakfast options, we always enjoy the regional choice (in this case, biscuits and gravy) on the buffet. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Paulette H, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Bern, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I’m glad you enjoyed our delicious array of breakfast items! We are actually in the process of adding new selections to our current rotation of hot choices, including oven fresh Cinnamon Rolls and tasty fruit-filled pancakes. The next time you’re in town, please let us know what you think of these new additions to our complimentary breakfast buffet!
Paradise, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean and fresh, with a pleasant and helpful staff. If they could move it a little closer to Captain Ratty's it would be perfect (but then, it might be more expensive). As it is, it's just a 5 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Ted B! Thank you for taking the time to tell our future guests about your stay with us! I will make sure to forward your great comments to my staff as they always love to hear feedback such as yours. We are conveniently located just 5 minutes away from downtown New Bern so it is a quick trip without the downtown pricing. I hear wonderful things about Captain Ratty's, however, I highly suggest you try Persimmon's the next time you're in town. It is a beautiful waterfront restaurant and if you like scallops, they have the best I've ever had!

Been to Hampton Inn New Bern? Share your experiences!