“Treat Yourself to the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Side Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Surf Side Hotel
6701 South Virginia Dare, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Nags Head
Clifton, Virginia
“Treat Yourself to the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

For me, a trip to the Outer Banks is all about peace and quiet. That's why I love Surf Side. I know I'll have the most beautiful beach to stroll, and the jolliest of dolphins leaping in the waves right outside my window. I'll be treated like a queen, getting way more than my money's worth. My room will be stylish, comfortable and sparkling clean. I'll have a delicious, free breakfast every morning. I'll enjoy the pools and incredible jacuzzi (love the way the crystal-clear pool water does not burn my skin and eyes with chlorine!). And as if all that weren't enough, there's also a discount for returning guests. Yes, there are lot of choices in the Nags Head area. But my vacation time is so precious that I want to treat myself to the best quality and value in town. Don't you?

Room Tip: If you love the waves, the birds, the dolphins and the incredible sunrises . . . you'll get the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

634 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband, mother-in-law, and I stayed at this hotel for one night in late November 2012, and we were very happy with our two rooms. We had oceanfront rooms, and it was a joy to see the waves, the birds, and the beach from our balconies during the morning.

The rooms were super clean, spacious, with half-height refrigerators and coffeemakers. Bath amenities included paraben-free and phthalate-free products, which is a big plus! The balcony doors were well sealed when closed, providing a quiet night's sleep without hearing the ocean's roar. A free continental breakfast buffet had plenty of fresh fruit, cereals, breads, bagels, eggs, coffee, and juices to keep us going for until lunch.

The only reason I did not give this a rating of 5 out of 5 is that the bathtubs could use handrails or handgrabbers; my mother-in-law is spry but she thinks that having something to grab onto while getting in and out of the tub would be helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great hotel for business travelers that offers all the amenities of most major brand hotels. Rooms are clean, spacious, and offer guests a relaxing environment. Friendly staff that greet you by first name. I will definitely be returning to this charm in Nags Head.

Room Tip: Consider booking an oceanfront room when staying at the Surf Side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wytheville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We arrived at SurfSide about 4 PM on Jan. 2nd, 2013. We were greeted by the man who made us feel immediately welcome and offerred to help us in any way. We asked about the roads south to near Frisco. He sought the latest info by phone and called us as we entered our 3rd floor room (balconies looking south AND east) to tell us the Nags Head police saaid the roads were 100%^ clear all the way; great news. The room was all that we remembered from last year's visit, and more: spotless, clean, the air was fresh, and the views (2) were wonderful!! We grabbed a glass of wine and returned to our room to enjoy the views. Then: off to adventures!

Ditto next morning- drove north seeking breakfast then south to Frisco (wwhere our favorite beakfast place was closed - oh, well. Bacck to Pea Island for s nice stroll, then naps, then wine to enjoy the view. That evening we were late, happy hour was over, but the same very pleasant fellow opened the bar for 1 glass of (or 2) wine.

Next morning was our last day- breakfast at the hotel, packed up, and bid farewell to he same nice guy at the front desk. All was ready: he simply handed us our statement (100% accurate, of course) and wished us safe travel AND qquick return!

Room Tip: We recommend asking for 3rd-floor-and-up, with 2 balconies, looking east AND (north or south: your c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was in town on business and was referred this hotel from another that I usually stay but was being remodeled. I was very pleased not only with the service but the nice rooms! I will now make this my regular stop when in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in the ocean view king loft and could not have been more pleased. The room was very clean with lots of little extras that made our stay very pleasant -- from wine in the afternoon (in the lobby) to the amenities in the room. It is evident that they put a lot of effort into keeping the hotel updated and comparable to bigger hotel chains (like Marriott and Hilton) but at very reasonable rates.

Room Tip: Restaurant and room service are not applicable. However, there is a fabulous restaurant just down t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

A wonderful stay over the New Years' weekend. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had an ocean front King room, which was spacious, with a couch and chair, and the bed was just right. It also included a microwave and a nice-sized refrigerator. Enjoyed having my morning coffee on the balcony watching the ocean. It was just a great relaxing way to start off the New Year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Surf Side Hotel? Share your experiences!