“Fabulous, from the service to the room.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Islander Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Islander Motel
7001 S Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Nags Head
“Fabulous, from the service to the room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at The Islander... After a horrible at a place rigt down the street. We called to see d they had a room after 9 and they were still open and happy to help us. We got out room key and we were talking about dinner, the lady at the front called and asked about places that would be open for dinner so late. She wet above and beyond to make our stay wonderful. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. We will be visiting this place again soon. Very please all the way around! A great place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2013

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

So I wanted to find a hotel on the beach, but we were on a budget. I wanted a clean decent room with a kitchenette so I could cook & eat cheap. I came acrossed the islander & the price was great! 100 bucks a night with a pool, and a beachfront room! I was excited, but a little nervous. I saw some pictures prior to booking, but I still didn't know what to expect. When I got there I was very very pleased! The kitchenettes are on the ground floor. I already knew that, and you can't see the ocean from there because of the sand dunes. Two days into our trip I realized we hadn't even used the stove, because we had been grilling out. I realized I'd rather have the view from the 3rd floor. I called the front desk & asked if we could move up since it was the same price. They gladly switched our room & acommodated our request. The third floor has a fridge and a microwave, but not dishes. Since we didn't have any silverware, bowls, or plates they offered to let us use they're dishes upstairs. They even brought them up to us by stairs!! The grounds of the hotel is awesome! Beautiful flowers, a hammock swing, heavy duty wooden picnic areas, grills, great walkway right to the beach, beautiful & clean pool. Eugene, the groundskeeper is awesome! He works hard and is great to chat with. He even gave us a half a bag of charcoal! Housekeepers are great too. They talked to us, and always asked if we needed anything. I saw the housekeepers cleaning. They bleach the tubs, and clean everything professionally. The one thing i didnt like was the ground floor musky smell. It must be the fact that it's on the bottom & gets a lot of moisture. However, it was very clean! Its a little outdated on the interior but who cares? It's a great place to stay & I will be back with my family!

• Stayed September 2012
Brandywine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Clean, nice place to stay on the beach and well priced. Friendly staff and very accessable. We stayed on ground level with no ocean view but had a kitchette with microwave, refrigerator, stove, sink, toaster, coffee maker and all the pots, pans and utensils. Didn't have an oven though which I expected. Nice size bathroom with great removeable shower head which comes in handy when you get sand everywhere. Needs a shower clothes line for wet suits. Beds were very comfortable. Had a back door to a small porch which was nice in the morning while waiting on everyone to get up. I highly suggest this motel and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Boonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Although we did not have reservations and arrived late in the evening, we were kindly greeted and set up with a 2nd floor room with an ocean view for 3 nights. The price was very reasonable compared to other oceanfront rooms I had checked out online. The lady checking us in told us they had just put in all new mattresses. They were very comfy! Our room had a nice size refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker w/coffee. There was no extra charge for Wi-Fi service which worked fine. The hotel is not real large (which I liked) and is well kept. There is a lot of nice landscaping and there always seemed to be someone around there doing some type of upkeep on it. The pool was very clean and since the hotel is small, there were rarely more than 3 or 4 people in it at a time. The housekeeping staff did a great job and all of the staff we encountered were very polite. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will definitely stay there again if we're ever back in that area.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floors have the best views
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stay at the Islander every visit to the OBX. It’s always clean, friendly, reasonable, & conveniently located to beach access and all things OBX! The entire staff is wonderful – they always wear a smile and offer pleasant “hellos”. It’s quiet and comfortable though nothing fancy! Guests seem to be really friendly too. Our favorite beach accommodations anywhere!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Upstate, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

THIS IS THE PLACE YOU WANT TO STAY! We arrived in OBX to find this very nice motel that met our every need! Great place to stay with extremely nice folks. It's my new favorite motel. Rooms were well maintained, EXCELLENT VIEW! The beach is less crowded in this area too.

Room Tip: Take something on the 3rd floor for the view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Nothing fancy but the Islander is affordable and allways does the job for me.They are a clean place with a very nice pool and pool area.The owners are nice and they are oceanfront.You are not paying 5 star rates so there is no need to complain when you dont get a 5 star resort.I will be back to the Islander and have no problem recomending it to anyone else.It is a very relaxing place at the beach for a long weekend or a week stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Islander Motel? Share your experiences!