“Simply the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Nags Head
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were originally going to stay 2 nights but after evaluation we decided to extend our visit 1 more night. The Inns staff was so understanding and nice it was unbelievable. We would like to thank the Maids that took care of our room during our stay they were extremely nice and very professional. We had an oceanfront room with easy access to the beach and the Nags Head Pier. The view was excellent. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joshua R, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am certainly blessed with a great team. I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a fun weekend at Nags Head. Stayed at the Colonial Inn with my wife and in-laws. We shared a small suite, but it was perfect for the event. The hotel is a little outdated, but don't take that as a negative. It actually was very quaint and a throw back to some nice memories from earlier days. The room was exceptionally clean. The hotel staff treated us like family. Every time I went to the lobby to get coffee, which was wonderful (generally i expect motel coffee to suck) and plentiful, I was greeted with a smile and "can I get you anything". Every time we saw a housekeeping staff person, they greeted us with a smile. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Eddie I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the kind words and will certainly be sure to share with the staff. We hope you return soon.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff was excellent - very helpful! Great hotel/motel location!! Clean rooms - spacious- loved kitchen (dishes/pots & pans) very needed! Bathroom good size- douyble beds - perfect! Couch & love seat
Great over all place!

Room Tip: Side near office is sunnier! Back of motel rooms are on the beach side!!!! Short walk from every roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joshua R, General Manager at Colonial Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I sincerely appreciate the kind words and will certainly share with the staff. We hope to see you again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me start with saying that this isn't the nicest or fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at. I don't recommend it for people with children or people who want many amenities. However if you are not one of those people - read on to hear the wonders of the Colonial Inn. I stayed here in one of their "apartment" rooms with my boyfriend and another couple. We loved this option because it gave us two bedrooms. The Inn is right on the beach and very convenient. It was clean, the service was great, and there was plenty of parking. The Colonial Inn is a motel of sorts so we expected as much, but the room was small and the bathroom reminded us of our first college apartment. We only spent time in the room to sleep and get ready in so we had no problems with the size. There is a small kitchenette and we were happy to utilize the fridge. If your main agenda for your trip is beach access this is definitely the place for you. If you want to spend a lot of time in your room, or have travelers with additional needs, this simple place probably isn't your thing.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have nice porch chairs, but you cant see the beach over the dunes. Rooms in the f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I appreciate your feedback and honest review. We are an older hotel however we are consistenly upgrading and working to improve our guest experience. The bathrooms are on our list to upgrade along with many more plans for this off season. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon.
Marysville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice staff, the room was clean, very close to beach. We did not spend much time in the room, so the size suited us fine. The young girl at the front desk was very helpful when I asked for assistance with the WiFi for my Ipad, (I'm not computer savvy). Great having the continental breakfast available each morning before heading for the beach. Would recommend to friends and family as a clean, reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I truly appreciate the wonderful comments and will be sure to let the front desk know. We hope you return soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

First, our trip was initially going to be one night and it was cancelled last minute...sadly with the cancellation policy in mind I made a call to the inn and a pleasant Gayle was ready to help...we rescheduled our trip for 2 weeks out and added an extra night as it was our wedding anniversary...Gayle worked some magic moving us to Labor day weekend and beach view...the location and access to the beach was outstanding. One negative is the parking lot...we had a minor fender bender when backing out and another guest checking in...but even that was handled with helpful info from Gayle...ready to lend a hand...even the local police were there quickly...and on a very busy weekend. We had an early morning dive the morning we were to check out...I made an inquiry about a late check out time so we could clean up before heading back to Raleigh...I was informed honestly regarding the renting of the room for that Sunday. I appreciated the frankness of the staff and their willingness to meet our needs. We were able to check out late on Sunday and even though our dive was not the best the staff, all the front office, the house keepers...everywhere were smiles. Your people are a huge asset and I am very happy with our stay. Thank you all!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation. I can't say often enough how blessed I am with an incredible staff that sincerely care about each and every guest. We do hope you are able to return sooner than later.

Been to Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!