“Retro-vibe, huge rooms, right on the beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Foam Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nags Head
Sea Foam Motel
You added Sea Foam Motel to your Saves list
7111 S. Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head, NC 27959   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Nags Head
Tennessee
“Retro-vibe, huge rooms, right on the beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I adore older, mom 'n' pop hotels. I love the retro feel, the paneling, the tile bathrooms, the sense of the Great American Roadtrip. So, I'm biased towards a hotel like the Sea Foam. But, it's a darn nice motel! We got a corner, ocean-front efficiency. Two queen beds with nice, firm mattresses. A shower/tub combo in yellow and white tile with amazing water pressure! Huge, single sink in the bathroom, with a small outer area that had a closet rack to one side and another sink/mirror combo as well. Nice, as one of us could do our makeup, etc. as the other showered without having to share the actual bathroom.
The room itself was HUGE. I forget how big the older hotels/motels are, until I go from a new chain motel room to this! 2 tables, each with 3 chairs (one at the kitchenette, one past the beds, under the exterior window. A long, low dresser with a plain ol' TV on it (not a flat screen, but I think we watched it for all of 10 minutes in the course of the week. You're at the beach. Turn off the TV and go outside!!). 2 bedside tables. The kitchenette had a fully functional apartment size range/stove and a fridge. Sink. Microwave. Coffee maker, toaster, all plates, utensils, cooking gadgets, etc. Near the bathroom was a wall-mounted bottle opener that was quite handy.
The walls are beadboard and some plaster. Floors are some carpet, some tile, some laminate. All squeaky clean. I walked around barefoot all week, and my feet never got dirty. So clean!
We were on the bottom floor, so the dune blocked most of our view, but we were just seconds from the gazebo and the beautiful beach.
Near Jennette;s pier and our favorite seafood place (Sam and Omie's), the location can't be beat.
My only complaints were that one of our neighbors (directly upstairs), went in and out of their room every 20 minutes, via the sliding glass door, which we could hear. It necessitated us firing up the white-noise app at night to sleep. But, once we turned it on, we were good. Also, the toilet paper is hideous. We went out and bought some Charmin, so all was well!
There's a cute little picnic type area out front, and behind that is vending, with free, fresh coffee each morning. Such a treat to grab a fresh cup and hang out there or in the gazebo.
Staff (from front desk to the housekeepers) were so friendly! I definitely see us returning here!

Room Tip: Dunes block the first floor views, so you might want second floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
OBX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you are looking for upscale or fancy, skip this. If you want an incredible ocean view, good value, friendly people and beach front location, this is the place. The Sea Foam is a historical place with a sense of nostalgia. Jeanette's pier is a short walk down the beach and a beautiful sight. To enjoy the beach for an affordable rate it cannot be topped. Rooms are basic, clean and a little rustic. Don't worry about it. You will be on the beach or looking at the beach.

Room Tip: Select ocean front, not poolside. Second floor is the place for the ocean views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ironton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I loved staying at the Sea Foam Motel, it was nice and clean with a kitchenette and it had a great pool,Jennets Pier was only about a block away I loved walking to the pier. There was a shopping center across the street so it made it so easy to do a lot of things in walking distance:) I had an amazing time and if I ever come back I will definitely stay at Sea Foam, beach front next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte Hall, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Best place on the beach for the price the people are so friendly.The motel is so clean. You will love the pool,the price,people and location. Jack and Marcia. This is our 20th time staying here. We love it. So close to everything. Give it a try. We love being so close to everything. The food in the Manteo area is the best.

• Stayed September 2013
Edenton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I stay here every time we go to Nags Head. So easy choice when me and my daughter wanted to go to the beach. Loved being on the beach. Jennettes Pier was wonderful. Air conditioner was cold, cold, cold!! Ice machine is awesome. Loved the beach gazebo. The people staying that weekend were so freindly. Found out some were neighbors! Close to Sam and Ommie's. Great Breakfast!! Tanger Outlet Mall just down the street on the by-pass. Didn't go swimming, but the pool looked nice. The staff was very nice. We asked for cards and a blow dryer and received both with a smile. My daughter and I decided we are going to do this every year at the Sea Foam! Had a blast. Price was great!

Room Tip: beachfront first floor......the best. Walk out onto the sand, keep the door open and you can hear t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My family wanted a quick 3 night stay on the ocean for a good price. This place was built in the 1940's ad does not seek to compete with luxurious, modern accommodations except on the concept of location. With that in mind, we couldn't have asked for more. The location is incredible. Within walking distance is Jenette's Pier, plenty of restaurants, ice cream shops, and beach supply stores and even a small tackle supply/grocery store. Because of the closeness to the beach, our children could walk back to the room quickly to get a snack or forgotten items. I have been coming to Nags Head for my enter life and have just now found out about this gem. If you are looking for something more modern and a similar location, plan on spending twice as much or more. If you want a clean room, AC, a pleasant staff, and an ocean front room for an unbelievable price, check this place out.

• Stayed August 2013
Morrisville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my favorite hotel on the Outer Banks but on my two last visits, my experience was much less positive than previously. The property does not appear to be maintained as it should be and it is getting really iffy. The bathrooms and room furniture are very tired and many outside areas could use a coat of paint. In addition, we have had the same problem on the two last visits with noisy neighbors (soundproofing of rooms has always been poor at that motel). Talking to the neighbors did not help and since the office appeared to be closed at night, we had no recourse against that. I hope that management will bring back that property to the level of quality that we can again enjoy. Until then, we'll pass.

Room Tip: If you book a room on the first floor, a dune will block your view of the ocean
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Foam Motel? Share your experiences!