“Get the hush puppies! The tacos were great too! Expect slow service though...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miller's Waterfront Restaurant

Ranked #9 of 72 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Get the hush puppies! The tacos were great too! Expect slow service though...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We came here for a slow and casual lunch (fortunately). The server was great, but very very slow. It took almost 10 minutes to get our drinks. Our lunch took about an hour and a half total and we were there at around 2:30PM when the crowd wasn't!

If you DO have the time, the space on the porch is great for watching kite surfers and jet skis. There isn't a ton of shade (I got a little pink sitting out there), but it's on the water which is a definite plus!

The food was pretty good. The hush puppies are ridiculously addictive. It's a much larger serving size than I anticipated! Be prepared! The fish tacos were great too. Very fresh ingredients, well battered fish. We actually split three tacos and the hush puppies and were stuffed for the rest of the day.

The beer wasn't great. We didn't have any luck with the local beers. They all tasted a bit watery without much flavor. But at least we tried!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Paoli, Pennsylvania
“One of the best meals I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Four years ago, my wife and I came here on our first OBX visit, and came away impressed. This year, we brought her parents along for dinner, and were even more blown away than the first time.

Where to begin? The New England Clam Chowder was excellent, much like the lobster bisque I had the last time I was here. The hostess was kind enough to seat us at a table that, while not necessarily right by the window, had a nice view of Currituck Sound and the sunset. Between courses, my wife and I went outside and a friendly couple offered to take our photo as the sun's last slivers were disappearing over the horizon.

For the main course, I ordered the sunset snapper, which did not disappoint at all. However, the best thing I tried all night was the scallops special that they recently added to the menu full-time. Probably the best scallops I've ever had, and I am a man that appreciates good scallops. I regret not ordering them, although the snapper was good as well. They also have a nice beer and wine list.

This will definitely become a yearly staple! Great service, food, view, etc. They are closed in the offseason (after mid-October) as an FYI.

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We Had A GrEat Experience. The View Was Breathtaking At Sunset. The Scallops Melted In Your Mouth. Hush Pups Were Fried Heaven. Crab Legs Were Sweet. No One Had A Bad Word To Say About Their Meal. OUr Server (Thanks Willow) Did An Awesome Job Managing Our PaRty Of 12. She Even Went OutsidE With All Of Us To Take A Picture Of Our Group On The PIer With The Sunset In The Background.

North Beach, Maryland
“Great food, atmosphere, service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Miller's is right on the Sound in Nags Head in the Outer Banks. The staff here were very friendly when my fiancée and I ate here.

I ordered the special Tuna Tostada, which had great flavor and a well-executed combination of ingredients.

My fiancée ordered the pasta bowl with Chicken and the light tomato based sauce. Her dish was also very flavorful, but not too heavy to be overpowering. We also we retreated to complimentary hushpuppies, which were obviously homemade and very tasty.

Overall, Miller's is amazing. And the fact that it offers views of the Sound makes it that much better.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome food with an awesome view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our family eats here at least once every trip to OBX. It's pricey but the food and staff are amazing, and you can't beat the view of the sunset as you enjoy a drink by the gazebo in the back. Always a favorite!